Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 02:05 PM
Kobold

Longer than Bexie. lol.

Inside joke, on the off chance she finds it somehow, some way. Bexie was a Barbarian Rogue I played with a lot on Ayonae Ro. She had a habit of falling asleep in deadly places. I once stayed up all night defending her in Sol B for hours as a Solo Paladin.

Another time, she fell asleep camping the Ancient Cyclops, and her and our Shadowknight friend Nastard stayed up clearing any trash that wandered near her for hours until she woke up. Good times.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Without a doubt, Stormfeather camp back on fennin ro on my rogue. This was after Luclin, and possibly PoP had came out, so people weren't farming the page as much. It was probably a 20 hour day....had the volume way up and was up on the corner of the iceberg. Was alt tabbed out or reading and I heard those wings flapping....

This was back in high school mind you, so it was probably on a weekend or holiday.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

My longest was a 72 hour session camping Hadden for a Fishbone Earring. Definitely a case of continuing on because of what had already been invested. I finally passed out at the keyboard after 3 days. The worst part is I never got an earring..
Old 11-19-2019, 03:42 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My longest was a 72 hour session camping Hadden for a Fishbone Earring. Definitely a case of continuing on because of what had already been invested. I finally passed out at the keyboard after 3 days. The worst part is I never got an earring..
Took me 20 years to get that earring. I checked on the spawn every time I passed thru the Hills...then one day this Spring he was up (& not camped).

Longest session was in the first few weeks in 1999 - 27-28hrs. Spent all night looking for my ogre's corpse as he had an (amazing!) crude stein on him looted off a guard. Then my friends logged back on and I just carried on.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

When I camped my VT , i had heard so many horror stories that i was determined to only do it once so stayed up for roughly 4 days straight
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 11-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesyde424 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
31 hours and counting at the green manastone camp. I am way too old for this crap!
don't worry I hear p99 has a great Medicare pixel plan.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:27 PM
Sarnak

Maybe 18 hours. Tequila helped with this. After about 12 hours I get a little uncomfortable in the office chair so even if I am not tired per say, I still need to give my body a break from that damn chair.

I should play on a laptop but I have always played on a PC at a computer desk.
Gavallin Wood Elf Ranger lvl 23 (blue)
Jardahni Human Monk lvl 2 (green)
Old 11-19-2019, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Pretty weak sauce compared to most here, but back on live I spent most of my summer break playing EQ one year. I'd regularly stay up until like 2 AM, go get a few hours of sleep, and wake up before dawn to continue. Always snagged the best camps at 5 or 6 AM. I think I did that for a few weeks straight.

Good times. Kinda wish I could do that again.
Old 11-20-2019, 12:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirakk82 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Longer than Bexie. lol.

Inside joke, on the off chance she finds it somehow, some way. Bexie was a Barbarian Rogue I played with a lot on Ayonae Ro. She had a habit of falling asleep in deadly places. I once stayed up all night defending her in Sol B for hours as a Solo Paladin.

Another time, she fell asleep camping the Ancient Cyclops, and her and our Shadowknight friend Nastard stayed up clearing any trash that wandered near her for hours until she woke up. Good times.
This name sounds kind of familiar. I feel like I received a petition on A Ro from her once or twice seeing if someone might take pity on her and give her a rez lol
Old 11-20-2019, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

I think my longest was around 35 hours on live during Velious grinding xp at upper dogs in Velks. My buddy owned a lan shop/cafe so I played for free and had free coffee and had friends playing with me off and on also in the lan shop.

On p99, my longest stretch is like 8 hours or so, with food and bathroom breaks of course.