Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2020, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know its all your fault that you allow these shady loser rogues and monks to even join your group at all.

If they don't know how to DPS they should sit around LFG eternally with no one replying to them or sending them tells because they have all been blacklisted. This is how it worked on live, and how grandpa did it, and how you should do it.
It's like you're talking to me directly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowdinah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Proc rate's were nerfed years ago
spell aggro hate was nerfed a few months back

these two separate non related nerfs. BOTH directly negatively effect warriors ability to hold aggro.

White DMG is not enough to hold aggro. even with VoG + 41% haste, you still are out hasted by epic monks. And rogues white dmg with BS is far greater then any warrior. (esp with a wurmslayer LOL HAHAHA)

anyone know how hard it is to keep asking monks to FD, and rogues to evade or wait a few seconds before attacking? In my experience they dont listen. 8(
It's not hard at all if the mob will absolutely wreck them if it turns on them.

If not, and especially if there is XP to be had (think trash mobs in air/fear/hate/pog) then it is absolutely impossible.

If some idiot is posting parse results it gets pretty hard as well. People care more about their standing on the parse results than absolutely anything.
Old 04-19-2020, 01:58 PM
Orc

The raid scene will adjust as they always do. Warriors will build aggro before DPS engages.

I'm mostly talking about group content. Warriors, imaging having better proc rates /droll or more hate on your weapon proc??

I know... it'd be amazing.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously there were some things in Classic on Live that required warrior disc.

But I also distinctly remember going in for some raid targets tagging with flame lick and tanking with weaponshield while the MT and rampage tank were busy building aggro along with me and already having the CH cycles land on the MT so the clerics didn't get destroyed immediately, while the rest of the raid force had to wait 30 seconds or so to engage. There were some targets you did not have rangers blow trueshot on because you HAD to use rangers as speedbumps so your clerics who already had to have the CH cycle landing (because the tank would not last 10 seconds waiting for the first one) prior to the MT taking the full brunt of damage did not out-aggro your warriors.
Welcome back Ranger class. This is how it is now working.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which is why in Classic Live, the raid force letting the tanks build aggro before rushing into to attack, managing aggro throughout the fight (DPS stops attacking if the raid mob starts flipping around on the tank), and even using SKs and Paladins as MTs were all things we remember doing back on Live but like to selectively forget about on P99 after 10+ years of abusing mallets and root nets to the point where it was built into raid strategy.
I'll stand here and wait to see a paladin or sk tank AoW....I'll wait...
Old 04-19-2020, 02:54 PM
Sarnak

You all got too used to relying on clicks and now content isnt going to be as trivial anymore. Oh no.
Old 04-19-2020, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drakkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll stand here and wait to see a paladin or sk tank AoW....I'll wait...
Ranger weaponshield tank before the half second CH cycle starts landing on the Pal/SK... go!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-19-2020, 04:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Telling DPS to hold DPS is like spitting into the wind.
It may not all come back and hit you in the face but there will always be those few DPS who doesn't listen causing droplets of spittle to gust across the raid's face.
Aggro has always been the job of the whole raid, not just the tank, people are going to have to play normally and learn to manage their hate level like on live, people will learn or die.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:45 PM
Kobold

https://wiki.project1999.com/Greater_Potion_of_Negation

https://wiki.project1999.com/Potion_of_Negation

Vendor bought mats for cheap 10 charge instant aggro, albeit on any slowable mob this will only be used beginning of fight. On the plus side it will dispel any unwanted effects on incoming. Plus it’s 10 charges so more clicks per inventory slot. You nerds are all welcome.
Old 04-19-2020, 04:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChooChoo Train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Greater_Potion_of_Negation

https://wiki.project1999.com/Potion_of_Negation

Vendor bought mats for cheap 10 charge instant aggro, albeit on any slowable mob this will only be used beginning of fight. On the plus side it will dispel any unwanted effects on incoming. Plus it’s 10 charges so more clicks per inventory slot. You nerds are all welcome.
your so cute, cancel magic builds, about 10 points of hate? maybe less? lol