Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Aviak

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=39361

Found it. Now how to implement it in to fix war agro is the question [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-15-2011, 01:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They just don't hold aggro as well as any other tank. I'd honestly rather have a bard tanking than a warrior. Warriors kill groups.
It's not easy. But if you get somebody well geared who knows their shit, you'll be fine. My groups stay alive. As for the bard thing, now you're just trolling. I've seen bards tank Sebilis, they tank from the ground, in the fetal position.

Just like everybody else, I recall keeping aggro fine with non-proc weapons on live. I didn't play past Velious so I have no memories of later expansions to confuse things with. Believe me I hope they fix it, but it's not as terrible as some people make it sound. There's a lot of warriors out there with shit gear who were powerleveled or purchased, naturally they're going to suck. But don't let a few bad apples ruin the whole class, there's some awesome Warriors out there.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 06-15-2011, 02:00 AM
Sarnak

I dont think ive ever even posted but please explain how a warrior sucks, all you do is auto attack and press taunt every few seconds, seems pretty simple. It is obviously a mechanics problem and not a skill problem due to the lack of complexity of the exp group warrior tank. I would be interested what aspect of warrior agro is related to skill though.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hastley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont think ive ever even posted but please explain how a warrior sucks, all you do is auto attack and press taunt every few seconds, seems pretty simple. It is obviously a mechanics problem and not a skill problem due to the lack of complexity of the exp group warrior tank. I would be interested what aspect of warrior agro is related to skill though.
You just answered your own question, warrior suck because of mechanics.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:12 AM
Sarnak

During kunark and velious a warrior was the best tank. Period. Dont even remember seeing other tanks around. And its not like the mechanics of holding aggro is difficult for any class. But being a good tank in general undoubtedly takes the most skill of any role
Last edited by Cippofra; 06-15-2011 at 08:14 AM..
Old 06-15-2011, 10:39 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cippofra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
During kunark and velious a warrior was the best tank. Period. Dont even remember seeing other tanks around. And its not like the mechanics of holding aggro is difficult for any class. But being a good tank in general undoubtedly takes the most skill of any role
Oh really, the holding aggro is super easy but somehow being a good tank takes the most skill of any role? Shut the fuck up.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

The agro thing is also a function of the rest of the group being watchful and learning when to turn off attack/not overnuke etc.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Can I suggest to the original poster to change the title of this thread to something like "Warrior Woes" or "plz fix warriors and stuff".

Sort of back on topic, though. I was actually wondering about this 2 handed damage bonus thing. I was under the impression that by "classic 2h damage" it means that all weapons get the same damage bonus regardless of 1h or 2h until a later patch. In a later patch, they will make it where there is an added damage bonus to 2h =>28, and another =>40.

I don't know what the damage bonus for 2hers was on P99 before that patch. But I do know but after that patch people with nice 2h weps like Tstaff, etc were a little...unhappy.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know why you call these 'rumors' because the answers are easily found on this site.

Here is where we are currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This should be the correct calculation for two handed weapon damage bonuses with delay not factored into the calculation:

(Level-25)/2

Looking ahead, when the patch that brought us Epics was released (9/19/2000) the following mechanical changes for damage bonus calculations were also implemented:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treats [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The damage-bonus for low-delay two-handed weapons (27 or below) created a problem similar to the weapons above and has been reduced. The damage-bonus has not changed for normal-delay (28-39) two-handed weapons. The damage bonus for high-delay two-handed weapons (40+) has been increased.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

I do remember at one time moss covered twigs being extremely popular due to the whole dmg bonus more often idea, but I seem to remember it was in the very early days. As for my warrior, I always felt like I had better aggro dual wielding. Process was always pretty simple in groups. Taunt twice, bash/stun to break cc and attack. I never cared for procs because it's just too random
Last edited by Cippofra; 06-15-2011 at 02:36 PM..
Closed Thread