Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue 99 was all one big alpha test. I remember when u could equip any item in any slot. Also the multiple mage pet summon bug. Trust me this project is premium. It wasn't perfect. Dam close tho
as someone who has been around since blue99 beta.. what are you talkin about?
there was bugs but I dont remember any of that shit.

I do remember some pretty big bugs like weapon delay affecting pet attack speed for instance being able to give pets fine steel daggers and they still hit for their normal damage but twice as fast which was nerfed pretty quick but nothing to the extent you are talking about?
Old 07-21-2020, 09:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh I log into uo second age once a week to refresh my houses with all of it's 60 remaining players. Also I can't tell if you meant "everquest" rather than ultima online.

lol uo second age has more active players than red
Having more active players than red isn’t saying much.
Old 07-21-2020, 10:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having more active players than red isn’t saying much.
Yeah that was the joke charlie chaplan
Old 07-22-2020, 12:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When are people going to understand this isn't the original classic client, it's a client from like 10 expansions in and the devs here have to tinker and hack it to make it as close to the original client as possible. So not everything is exactly like it was (the sky graphics, boat models, a million other things) but for a volunteer project they sure have done a pretty damn good job imo.
So yeah, about the current boat model. What's the story with that? The boat I remember from launch was different and was textured much better. Is the current boat a custom P99 asset or is it model introduced later in the game?
Old 07-22-2020, 12:38 PM
Banned

it's the boat from butcherblock mountains that's just kinda sitting on the shore. somebody else would have to explain the technical reason why they have to use that one.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dural_Levant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So yeah, about the current boat model. What's the story with that? The boat I remember from launch was different and was textured much better. Is the current boat a custom P99 asset or is it model introduced later in the game?
The current ship is an old relic left over from EQ beta that was still in the client. The reason it's used instead of the one you remember is because the proper ship doesn't work right, its collision detection is broken. Characters fall right through it.

-------------------------------------

Features such as target rings, pet windows, and removal of open spellbook meditating for low level characters all post-date the era P1999 seeks to emulate and as such should not be anticipated ever making an appearance on P99-Green. The older P1999 P99 Blue server retains some (but not all) of those features as a favor to the community due to Blue having had many of them for 10+ years as relics of the out-of-era Titanium client used.

Danth
Old 07-22-2020, 04:16 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
or right click set the book so that it fades away
My head just exploded 🤯
Old 07-22-2020, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

The inconvenience of clicking the button to meditate is the real purpose. The book popping up is just a dressing to make it have a more classic feel.

Having to click the button is a major PITA.
Old 07-22-2020, 07:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The current ship is an old relic left over from EQ beta that was still in the client. The reason it's used instead of the one you remember is because the proper ship doesn't work right, its collision detection is broken. Characters fall right through it.
Yeah but characters fall through all boats, isn't that why you get insta lev when you step onto a boat here? Who the fuck coded classic eq such that it's this hard to replicate?
Old 07-22-2020, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The inconvenience of clicking the button to meditate is the real purpose. The book popping up is just a dressing to make it have a more classic feel.

Having to click the button is a major PITA.
And it makes lvl 35 a real gift to achieve.
Closed Thread