Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2020, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

I'm sorry, but they took out spell sets, dot damage messages, and many other things that were nice and not game breaking, really, at all. Under the banner of "all praise pure in era classicness". And then they make this un classic change. And people are saying "it was done to make it seem more classic, deal with it". Come on, classic is classic, not classic is not classic. You can only be one or the other.
Old 09-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anecdotally, I lead a bunch of open vox raids back in 2001. Interupting CH rarely ever happened. We're we ever trying to use that as a strategy? Eh, not my open raids. We just recruited for hours until we had enough to maybe kill her. But, I am pretty sure no server had 10 people putting Vox in farm-mode.

Un-Classic fix to make the server more classic. Deal.
90% of vox raids failed, yes because it was impossible to interrupt a dragon, you could push her across the room, and she ran up the wall at 25% and regenned at a sick rate

Also on dial up lag was so bad most people couldnt even do dmg because so many in a small space

so 2 hours of buffing and getting ready for 30 seconds of dragon glory
Old 09-08-2020, 11:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anecdotally, I lead a bunch of open vox raids back in 2001. Interupting CH rarely ever happened. We're we ever trying to use that as a strategy? Eh, not my open raids. We just recruited for hours until we had enough to maybe kill her. But, I am pretty sure no server had 10 people putting Vox in farm-mode.

Un-Classic fix to make the server more classic. Deal.
I also did open Vox raids and there was always an attempt to push. It didn’t always work but I don’t recall people being very disciplined at it either. As it stands now it’s not really possible.
Old 09-09-2020, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

Recently had several mobs in WToV raids get interrupted via push. So it is possible, just very unlikely I guess.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damarous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recently had several mobs in WToV raids get interrupted via push. So it is possible, just very unlikely I guess.
Wasn't push, it was cumulative bashes if anything.
Old 09-09-2020, 11:14 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't push, it was cumulative bashes if anything.
Yea, there's a very small chance for mobs to be interrupted by any melee hit in combat, as well as bash and lvl55+ warrior kick. However, it's not reliable in any way. Push used to be very reliable. Maybe a LITTLE too easy to interrupt mobs by pushing them 5 or 10 yds.

Instead of making the required distance to push greater, it appears like they just removed the ability for push to interrupt NPC spells altogether. Yet, if a player gets hit, especially a non-caster, there's a near 100% chance to have your spell interrupted (including clickies with a cast-time).

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

This is unfortunately classic. There's a lot of info in the thread where they submitted for this change.
Old 09-09-2020, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Looks like enchanters just got more valuable.

*puts on his sunglasses and mems Mana Sieve*
Old 09-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, there's a very small chance for mobs to be interrupted by any melee hit in combat, as well as bash and lvl55+ warrior kick. However, it's not reliable in any way. Push used to be very reliable. Maybe a LITTLE too easy to interrupt mobs by pushing them 5 or 10 yds.

Instead of making the required distance to push greater, it appears like they just removed the ability for push to interrupt NPC spells altogether. Yet, if a player gets hit, especially a non-caster, there's a near 100% chance to have your spell interrupted (including clickies with a cast-time).
It's implemented properly on TAKP - the place where they poached the code. Not sure why it's so borked on p99. The backstun mechanic also works much more fluidly there and you don't get stun locked when you're pulling mobs.
Old 09-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Planar Protector

Nice try Al Kabor.
Closed Thread