Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Skeleton

Default Anyone having a problem with spell interrupts?

Hey all,

Playing my newbie enchanter and seem to be getting spell interrupts for no reason. I'm not moving or being attacked. It seems to happen when I'm medding, and then stand up to cast. I'll be medding a couple ticks while my pet fights, then stand up (using the sit/stand key) and try to cast but I get interrupted quite frequently. I even see it when not in combat. I'll mem my buffs and stand up to cast and get interrupted.

I'm kind of surprised I couldn't find any mention of the issue here, because it happens a lot. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe higher level characters don't see it because they have higher channeling skill?

Thanks,
Vache
Old 03-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

Stand. Wait half a sec. Cast.

Similarly, if you need to cast something while running: Stop, wait half a sec, cast.

I seem to remember it being almost identical to this in classic.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Kobold

I've experienced this as well. Also when running and stopping to cast this happens a lot. It is as if the server is approximately a second behind in registering that you've stopped running - that or there's a build in "cool down" for being stationary. I don't remember this being in classic - but I could be wrong.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:19 PM
Skeleton

I can understand running and stopping causing an issue if you get a bit of lag, but I'm pretty sure I never experienced this from pre-Kunark. I remember I used to med a tick, mez a mob, med a tick, mez the next mob, etc. Or playing a shammy - med a tick, canni, med, canni, etc.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Also note: Turning left or right will send a location update. The problem is when you are running it just sends location packets over UDP randomly. You can stop moving and cast before it sends a location packet so when one is sent it thinks you moved a few inches to were you are now after starting the spell. Turning left or right always sends an update every time.

I think this could be fixed server side but I am not 100% sure.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

In classic EQ, turning (ie stop forward movement and just rotate in place a small amount) was fool proof for preventing interrupts. I have not found that to be the case on Project 1999. It seems to help, but it is not 100%, so that might just be the random times when my client has sent consecutive packets that show no change in x/y location.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vache [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all,

Playing my newbie enchanter and seem to be getting spell interrupts for no reason. I'm not moving or being attacked. It seems to happen when I'm medding, and then stand up to cast. I'll be medding a couple ticks while my pet fights, then stand up (using the sit/stand key) and try to cast but I get interrupted quite frequently. I even see it when not in combat. I'll mem my buffs and stand up to cast and get interrupted.

I'm kind of surprised I couldn't find any mention of the issue here, because it happens a lot. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? Maybe higher level characters don't see it because they have higher channeling skill?

Thanks,
Vache
do not hit the sit /stand button. Just cast the spell from sitting position.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Some habits are impossible to break.

I still stand every time a mob is coming to camp from the puller. Mobs don't jump from the puller to people sitting in the group on here like they did on Live.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
Kobold

I also think it's a problem with location. I've run across many little areas where I was standing and would get interrupted over & over & over again until I moved forward or back a little. No idea why. Maybe too close to the wall & game thought i was ducked? Entrance to zones like Sola especially & occassionally at U/L guk entrance seem to be my main problem areas. Also one weird area in Oggok (peak of the hill) between the 1st seller near the zone & the stationary ogre guards.

Glad I'm not the only one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But yeah to get around it I just had to move.
Closed Thread