Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Enchanter's power level? Multiple choice allowed.
Non-classically overpowered and needs nerf 66 33.33%
Non-classically overpowered and does not need nerf 19 9.60%
Classically overpowered and needs nerf (Bard, Nec, etc examples) 23 11.62%
Classically overpowered and does not need nerf 88 44.44%
Trivializes content and needs nerf 42 21.21%
Trivializes content and does not need nerf 16 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 198. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 01:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Waiting for them to cave and post the patch note any day now. Keep hitting em. You're winning the ruin EQ war.
Old 03-22-2021, 01:56 AM
Sarnak

Yeah but for real though, as someone who played back in the day... It isn't quite the same . Something is easier and more sustainable about ENCH and we all know it. Some ppl attribute it to the latency/better computer etc, but I don't think that is entirely it. Some values are off and could use tweaking (vague- I know.) Also, Cdnumbers and DMN- who hurt ya'll? Chill out. It is... after all... just a game.
Old 03-22-2021, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

It’s all overpowered until you really need to take a shit and your charmed hasted, dual wielding pet could force you to pinch off a loaf early as you worry if your party managed to stun/root it when the charm breaks as you are pushing as hard as you can.

Yeah you could just memblur and recharm it later, but it’s such a hassle.

There’s a lot of risks and drawbacks to charming pets, one is not being able to take a worry free, relaxing shit like rogues can.
Old 03-22-2021, 06:15 AM
Kobold

i play a warrior and quite frankly i have to agree with the OP
it's some bullshit .

i literally cannot kill a green mob unless it's 30 levels below me . and even then, as soon as it starts to flee, i have to chase it and aggro more shit .

i see enchanters and necros soloing whole camps for mad cash while i still have banded in some slots and i'm 50+ .

i dont know what pisses me off more though, enhanters or necros . at laest the enchanters get blown to pieces half the time their pet breaks or they LD or somehing . necro fear and snare combo is borderline an exploit of game mechanics . i can guarantee verant never intended people to snare and fear mobs and kill them without ever getting hit . this is called SKIPPING CONTENT, content in this case being getting your face smashed in by the monsters .

in the same fashion as root and snaer do not stack, (and root and fear do not stack), fear and snare should not stack .

let me repeat it for the distracted . FEAR AND SNARE SHOULD NOT STACK
Old 03-22-2021, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyrkoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's some bullshit .

i literally cannot kill a green mob unless it's 30 levels below me . and even then, as soon as it starts to flee, i have to chase it and aggro more shit .

i see enchanters and necros soloing whole camps for mad cash while i still have banded in some slots and i'm 50+ .

i dont know what pisses me off more though, enhanters or necros . at laest the enchanters get blown to pieces half the time their pet breaks or they LD or somehing . necro fear and snare combo is borderline an exploit of game mechanics . i can guarantee verant never intended people to snare and fear mobs and kill them without ever getting hit . this is called SKIPPING CONTENT, content in this case being getting your face smashed in by the monsters .

in the same fashion as root and snaer do not stack, (and root and fear do not stack), fear and snare should not stack .

I fear kited on my cleric without snare all the time.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:59 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of words for "I have class envy but don't have the capacity to play an enchanter well."
Old 03-22-2021, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by formallydickman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah but for real though, as someone who played back in the day... It isn't quite the same . Something is easier and more sustainable about ENCH and we all know it. Some ppl attribute it to the latency/better computer etc, but I don't think that is entirely it. Some values are off and could use tweaking (vague- I know.) Also, Cdnumbers and DMN- who hurt ya'll? Chill out. It is... after all... just a game.
I’m all for changing something if you can provide evidence that it’s incorrect. For every person who says “well it’s definitely different than it was in classic, trust me I remember” there’s someone who says the exact opposite. Your “memory” and random 21 year old forum posts from players contradicting each other isn’t evidence. If you’ve got actual evidence, post it in the bug forum...otherwise don’t make some whiney long winded post about wanting something changed.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:49 AM
Banned

Mobs were charmed thru the first AoW kill. The end.
Old 03-22-2021, 10:11 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyrkoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's some bullshit .

By your and OP's logic you want them to nerf classes that can solo because you're frustrated after choosing a class that can't. Enchanter, necro, bards, mages, shaman, druids, and wizards can all be powerful solo'ing classes but it doesn't make sense to nerf them just to make you feel better. EverQuest is full of design flaws but it is what it is. They were more excusable back in the day because EverQuest was a first-of-its-kind, novel industry-changer.
Last edited by TripSin; 03-22-2021 at 10:14 AM..
Old 03-22-2021, 10:20 AM
Banned

These people are usually too lazy and/or lack the motor skills to play enchanter. This kind of "if I can't then no one else is allowed to" is the community's poor sports on display again. You see it everywhere and would hope it wouldn't infect our escapisms. Sadly, it does. Being a poor sport shouldn't be celebrated and it isn't brave.
Closed Thread