Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2021, 04:15 PM
Banned

my experience with trival loot, and i'm willing to forgoe it if i could get all the other things on my list...

my experience was that i saw for the first time high lvls interacting with low lvls in warrens

druids would pull stuff to the zone line and bring it to newbies to kill (a lot of time this resulted in dead druids because the mobs were able to kill even lvl 50's lol). For whatever reason if there was like 50 of them. So people got more clever about pulling.

But I don't see why a 30's druid couldn't crawl with a lvl 15 warrior and get some ooowomp loots
Old 04-24-2021, 04:22 PM
Banned

Another rly important thing is to implement a real NPC elf court with NPC enforcers, so that players can charge other players with crimes and send them to elf jail in game. But it would need to be like 12 different players voting. Maybe the player accusing the elf of the crime would pay like 10,000plat to the NPC judge. And then the accused player would be named, and then the npc would send a tell randomly out to 12 players (this would make it hard to game the system, even better if a physical bard npc delivered a letter with the description of the original players grievence). then the players would reply with their feelings. And maybe the maximum punishment would be like a 24 hr time out in some deep dark dungeon that required clever skills to escape from.

I mean. Think of this. Would be pretty legit way to suck plat out of the economy and add depth to the game. Make people think twise aobut just KSing someone or killing the banker everyone is using or just being generally rude and taking 50 mobs in a single bard kite.
Old 04-24-2021, 04:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'll take the opposite, everything is no drop
Old 04-24-2021, 04:42 PM
Banned

Or becomes no drop once u equip it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-24-2021, 06:11 PM
Kobold

11 of 14
Old 04-24-2021, 10:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus204 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
11 of 14
Thanks for the excellent rating.

Also villages. Wilderness areas and cities should get more usable forges, looms, pottery wheels, kilns, ovens, etc.

Surprised there aren't forges in places like soluseks eye at the goblins and back by the gnomes.
Old 04-25-2021, 03:49 AM
Banned

matter of time before they cave to these weirdos
Old 04-25-2021, 03:54 AM
Fire Giant

This isn't the al kabor project forums.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll take the opposite, everything is no drop
Agreed, selling magic items is lame.

Raw-hide, ring, bronze - stuff looted from NPCs should all have -ve charisma. It will stink, be battered and beaten from when it's wearer was slain. An elf wearing some goblin chain is freaky.

It should be much heavier than vendor bought / tradeskilled items - those would be fitted to the wearer and so less encumbering than something pulled off a corpse.

I'm happy for tradeskill components, tradeskill created items and items vendors sell by default to remain tradable (including any magic items they sell like potions and so on). The economy should be based on farming trade skill components and selling the created items.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-25-2021, 05:21 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry purple is reserved for cat moon expansion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread