Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 05-04-2022, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
estimates are 2.5 billion have died that otherwise would have lived... due to capitalism since its inception, if you want to play a numbers game

Go ahead and add abortions to that I guess, if it makes you feel better
Absolute cringe. Even for your low standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting take. In order to continue this line of thinking, you support increasing the amount of health care we give to anyone born prematurely right? How much are you personally willing to pay in the form of taxes to decrease the infant and maternal mortality rate in the USA? Currently, the USA is the worse in the developed world.

And you also support decreasing the cost of health care for patients in the NICU, who easily rack up $1 million bills per month of stay? You obviously support universal healthcare then that has zero cost at point of service right?
Wait what?

Since when is a lib concerned about the cost of Health Care?

Want to save money on Health Care? Tell Biden to stop paying for HC provided to illegal aliens
Old 05-04-2022, 05:47 PM
Banned

If you are born when otherwise would have been aborted, no matter what your medical ailments are, your chances are still higher than having been aborted

That being said, preventing up to 800,000 deaths/terminations/whatever due to abortion means an additional 800,000 people per year. Open borders means another 1 million-ish coming into the USA per year as well

We gonna get hella crowded and have no additional infrastructure to handle it. Not saying it’s a reason to have abortions but something to be mindful of. Maybe next step should be revising immigration/asylum policies
Old 05-04-2022, 05:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This doesn’t even ban it, just made it harder for poor people who can’t travel across state lines

You didn’t make “murder” illegal, just made it less convenient in half of the country. It’s just a thumb in the eye to liberals. It doesn’t affect me, I am religious and male. It just seems to that everything about this is authoritarian and vindictive. You keep saying it’s murder. Buddy, a lot of people think the death penalty is murder. Do I come and call you a murderer because you support it? Is a criminal a human being?

It’s a bad faith argument and it doesn’t even stop abortion. Just makes it harder for the poor and stupid. Congratulations I guess
Your assuming I'm pro death penalty which I'm not. And I'm not the executioner. It's a bad faith argument to say "well it's not going to stop murder so just legalize it."

None of what you say justifies the murder of the child.

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 05-04-2022, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, why let something silly like logic/reality change your beliefs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reality is that you could take a fertilized egg copy it in a petri dish 50 times and get 50 clones of you.

Because it is alive and it is you it is a real person it is the person it doesn’t turn into a new person it is the person.
Last edited by Jibartik; 05-04-2022 at 06:30 PM..
Old 05-04-2022, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reality is that you could take a fertilized Birming egg copy it in a fucking petri dish 50 times and get 50 clones of you.

Because it is alive and it is you it is a real person it is the person it doesn’t turn into a new person it is the person.
Well the egg isn’t a chicken argument is a bit odd as well because a fertilized egg will have a chicken in it. Only know this because sometimes an unlucky person has found one inside an egg they bought at the grocer. Yuuuck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0518FA26-EA7F-486B-924F-BE76F507F291.jpg (21.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-04-2022, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizondo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolute cringe. Even for your low standards.
Wait what?

Since when is a lib concerned about the cost of Health Care?

Want to save money on Health Care? Tell Biden to stop paying for HC provided to illegal aliens
Ah ok so you don't have an answer to any of my questions and you are simply virtue signaling. Thanks for making it clear that your opinions are worthless

Leading the charge to bring back the classic feature /guildwar
Old 05-04-2022, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah ok so you don't have an answer to any of my questions and you are simply virtue signaling. Thanks for making it clear that your opinions are worthless
You're the one that's selectively fixated on Health Care costs

Good luck with that
Old 05-04-2022, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well the egg isn’t a chicken argument is a bit odd as well because a fertilized egg will have a chicken in it. Only know this because sometimes an unlucky person has found one inside an egg they bought at the grocer. Yuuuck
Be careful they will think this is a science based counterpoint.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
For your references here, you're citing the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops: https://www.usccb.org/issues-and-act...oes-life-begin

and an Associate Professor of Christian Theology: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5499222/

Completely unbiased, obviously.
Did you know the Vatican came up with the big bang theory?

Anyway no I’m not using those links as a basis for my argument but I see you’re using religion as a basis for yours.
Old 05-04-2022, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your assuming I'm pro death penalty which I'm not. And I'm not the executioner. It's a bad faith argument to say "well it's not going to stop murder so just legalize it."

None of what you say justifies the murder of the child.
I made no assumptions, I’m saying we still have the death penalty even though people are against it. You are imposing your values by insisting again and again that abortion is murder. People say meat is murder

A court made religious opinions the force of law. You don’t think that’s bad and in violation of the first amendment?

Every other post on these boards that is pro life references God. It’s clear where this is coming from. That is constitutionally troubling at a minimum.