Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motec [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not raw AC. Get it through your head. Its shit. AC is not AC brah. You can have all the agility in the world and it isnt worth a pinch of shit compared to a raw AC boost (AC item, AC spell).

Dex, yep great. In that exact example you describe. Fantastic, for the 80% of other times when its useless? How convenient you point out one of the absolute few times you'd ever bother.

Another forum troll shaman who doesnt slow themself to OT hammer.

Ok, at first I gave you the benefit of the doubt, but now I'm pretty sure you are related to Zaranthium. 50 agi is useless. Dex is useless except for when it isn't but it's not fair to use examples where it is useful. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also..slow yourself to OT hammer? Why? You'll proc in less swings for sure, but procs over time stay the same. I guess maybe if you were dualing someone you wouldn't damage them as much?

Am I being trolled here or are you just a stunning combination of uninformed and confident?
Old 08-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extunarian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also..slow yourself to OT hammer? Why? You'll proc in less swings for sure, but procs over time stay the same. I guess maybe if you were dualing someone you wouldn't damage them as much?
I guess you would have a higher chance of proccing on the first swing?
Old 08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Banned

Wow. Just wow.

Jorg, please explain to me in your own words the following, as you're so adamant that you're an EQ god (yet I can see you're just a benchwarmer):

1) The difference between raw ac and agility increased AC.
2) The exact DPS increase of someone with a 120 damage proc, based on a 50 dexterity increase, on p1999.
3) The increase in proc per swing percentage, and the actual proc per swing percentage from being 70% slowed with a 50 delay weapon with normalised weapon proc rates on p1999 with 125 dexterity.

This is straight numbers, nothing fancy, no chinese whispers and bullshit. There is no magical 'but im buffing and it makes a huge difference', theyre flat out just shit stats.

Now I for one can not give you exacting answers for quesiton 1 and I wont tell anyone otherwise. It's been 9+ years since I was caught so deep in this game I would of cared enough to go chasing a formula, & without hunting through 5 years of posts for someone elses work from TSW I cant. But the combination of AC being massivly borked on this server, and the fact that agility based AC has always only been about 5% of the raw AC in mitigating value, says to me its a waste of a buff slot.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

rofl
Old 08-02-2011, 10:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess you would have a higher chance of proccing on the first swing?
Boo yaaah, ever in trouble without gate up? slow self and insta gate, boooyaaaaaaah. I've midnight malleted motec out of all sorts of f*cked up places in a clutch.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Banned

Yep, Motec is definitely Zaranthium's new character. I can just see him yelling red-faced at his monitor 'till that Y-shaped vein on his forehead is about to burst, raging over the Shaman who "wasted" a whole 80 mana (oh my GOD! NOT 80 MANA!) casting an Agility buff that gave the group main tank 50 AC and lasts 1 hour long. While Motec approaches cardiac arrest lecturing over the Shaman being a horrible player for wasting 80 mana, the Shaman meditated back 160 mana.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 AM
Banned

For real thats me, how are you so wise brah
Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

I am ready to get into a heated internet argument about AC in Everquest. I brought a crowbar and a baseball bat.

Come at me.

Let's also get into it over Star Trek, and My Little Pony.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Orc

Nothing like a good old hi-jacked thread.

EQ is fun but be warned the corpse runs are not.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Planar Protector

Hilarious how a "hello" thread becomes a really crappy nerd argument with a bunch of insults and name calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Closed Thread