Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Kobold

Best part about being an iksar is that you are hated everywhere. Can pretty much go and hunt in any city you want. Im friends with the Dwarves of Kaladim for now, until they have served their purpose.

Then they will die.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Orc

Thanks for the info on that wine quest, I had forgotten about it. Just a note 1 bottle of wine at a time seems like on this server, can't turn in stacked items and no faction hits for 4 unstacked bottles, just 1.

Project 1999- Robabob
Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamkek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p1999: Got faction problems?
I think its pretty accurate but if you go ahead and research it. I'm sure they'd make any corrections needed. I mean, developers have limited time and making faction exactly perfect probably isn't as high on the list as other things.

Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 PM
Orc

turned 40 stacks tonight, amiably to some guards, dubious to others, maxed warmly with the merchants. good quest I would have turned in more but my audiobook ran out

Project 1999- Robabob
Old 08-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Aviak

Not sure how far off the basic peq faction settings p1999 is, but the standard peq faction bases are not completely live accurate.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Freeport Guards are on two factions; "The Freeport Militia" and "The Coalition of Tradefolk Underground"

If you kill orcs in High Pass Hold until your faction is good enough to turn in scalps to Ashlan, the scalp turn ins will give you faction with "The Freeport Militia"

Many people claim the scalp quest is broken because of the massive amounts of scalps they turn in and the little faction boosts they see with the guards. It's not broken; the guards are on two factions, and "The Coalition of Tradefolk Underground" seem to hate everyone. The quests you do to improve this faction give you negative to Priests of Marr and Knights of Truth, and when you try to up those factions, most quests give you negative to The Freeport Militia (excluding the Fabian gold quest I've described below)

If you want to get in good with Bards of Antonica, once you're non-KoS with Freeport, go to East Freeport and find the grub & whatever tavern near the docks. Fabian is a human with a lute standing on a table. Give him one gold at a time, and he'll increase your faction with the Bards plus the Knights of Truth and some others. Fabian is low enough level where even if you're KoS you can still turn in gold to him. (Bring about 800 gold)

After that, I'd recommend going to Qeynos and doing the same gold type quest with Mr. Novashine, a half elf who wanders around the courtyard. He also takes bone chips, but gold is much easier. (Same thing as with Fabian. You'll probably be KoS, but if he's green, you can turn in the gold)
Old 08-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its pretty accurate but if you go ahead and research it. I'm sure they'd make any corrections needed. I mean, developers have limited time and making faction exactly perfect probably isn't as high on the list as other things.
Well, I went ahead and researched it in various places; old posts on Alla's site, old forum posts on various websites. It's just really difficult to find anything saying definitively "Iksar faction with Grobb is X" but all the anecdotal evidence I was reading while browsing through those threads from 2001 seemed to point to the conclusion that Iksar were KoS in Grobb and Oggok (and in every city on Norrath except Cabilis and Neriak Foreign Quarter). I'm going to keep searching and post a bug report when I find something really definitive that can't be shot down.

It seems like a pretty huge oversight, unless those faction settings were just copied directly from another server/PEQ without any vouching process. I don't think there's anyone that would argue that a Troll Shaman shouldn't be able to sell in Oggok while an Iksar walks around like he owns the place. Everyone I've talked to seems surprised to find out that Iksar are not KoS in Troll/Ogre towns! I know I was.
Closed Thread