Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Which story takes the prize!
Rainflush 29 39.19%
Cujoy 30 40.54%
rabienrose90 15 20.27%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

Default Vote on the winner of the story giveaway contest

Story #1 submitted by Rainflush

I played a shaman on EQ live to about level 50, though I tarried in the lower levels for some time due to the fact I disliked most players so I was seldom able to accomplish much as I was most always by myself. Back then I was friends with a kid who had a level 53 Iksar monk, and my character being only level 26 or so at the time I decided to sign in as my friend's monk and have a look at some of higher-end zones in Velious. I had no experience playing a monk, though I knew they could Feign Death, which I assumed to mean that monks could freely travel wherever they pleased and just flop on the ground whenever something endangered them. I eventually made my way to Velketor's Labyrinth and began moving steadily upward, shaking my attackers by playing dead. After I'd climbed a considerable ways in and feign-flopped past any number of enemies, I of course encountered something which called me on my bluff. I was immediately swarmed with golems and gargoyles, my hit points had dropped to half within a few seconds, and I suddenly realized the folly of my solitary dungeon reconnaisance. Stricken with panic, I bolted for the nearest ledge and flung myself off, hoping that my corpse would land in a more accessible area as to facilitate it's recovery. I fell quite a ways, though surprisingly enough I survived the fall, landing on an outcropping of a lower platform. It was then I remembered that monks have Safe Fall, and my grim resignation was replaced by a glimmer of hope, all I had to do was hop down from platform to platform till my Feign Death ability refreshed. Thus I plummeted in a desperate bid for survival, reaching the bottom of the dungeon (or the level on which the entrance is situated) with about 3% of my hit points remaining. I Feigned Death again, tensely awaiting the deathblow I so rightly deserved. To my surprise nothing came to finish me off, I had indeed managed to avoid what seemed like certain death. A few moments later I'm binding my wounds when the text window comes alive with angry /shouts in all capitals. Apparently the little stunt I pulled caused a train which took out about a third of the players in the dungeon. I promptly signed out.

Story #2 submitted by Cujoy

My only other newb story is that when I started that ranger I joined a roleplaying guild. But I didn't know they were roleplaying other than they said weird old English shit like ye and thee. I basically knew nothing of guilds, they made me the "Baroness of West Commonlands", I went to WC, our guild policy was to help people in 'your' land, so I ran around helping people who were having problems in WC telling them I was the Baroness of WC. Everyone thought I was crazy because they asked if I was RPing and I said no, I'm the actual baroness. I thought I had real power... it's kind of sad now that I think about it, especially since this went on for almost a week.

Story #3 submitted by rabienrose90

Hmmm, one of my favorite times in everquest was when my father and I wanted to go out and fish but because of the weather, we couldn't. So Instead we ended up on EQ in Kaladim and we decided to have a fishing contest lol

We took off all our gear and emptied our bags so it would be fair, we only had a fishing pole, a few stacks of beer and a few stacks of bait.

I forget where it was but I want to say by some Iron mill and there was a small dock with a little pond. We ended up falling off that little dock a good twenty times from being so drunk(in game, I was like 12 or so at the time)

It was a while until we realized we were eating the fish we were catching lol We were laughing so hard at how drunk we were in game, and that the random message of "you spill your beer" lol it was really fun = )

He did end up winning though = / I might have to have a rematch with him soon lol

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

These are the three stories i enjoyed the most, i now leave it to the community to decide which of them takes home the prize. The winner will receive 10kpp, which they can pick up from me at the second torch in the East Commonlands tunnel. The poll will end in one day, good luck!

*Note* to prevent people from making new accounts and bolstering their choices tally, only votes from accounts more than 2 weeks old will count. Please be honest here!
Last edited by Hagglebaron; 09-01-2011 at 08:33 PM..
Old 09-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Sarnak

I voted for you Rainflush. If you win, you owe me 100PP! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Orc

Well all three gave me a good laugh, but I simply can connect way too well with the first story... my original character on live being a monk, I have done my share of stupidly adventurous activities while relying on FD as my savior. Being chased by an army of angry gnomes in the depths of Ak'Anon... well, not story time anymore.

So my vote goes to story #1.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 PM
Aviak

I actually laughed at the mental image produced by #2...they get my vote.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Sarnak

I gotta go with #2. It's so simple, yet it cracks me up. It really rings so true in regard to the whole RP aspect of EQ and the way the social aspect of the game can lead to some hilarious stuff.

#1 is funny too, but really now, trains wiping half of Velk's was an hourly occurrence, lol
#3 is a fun story that I like a lot, but it doesn't have that lol factor for me
Old 09-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Kobold

i jst wasted 5 mins reading these.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfred0- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It took you 5 minutes to read those? lol
Old 09-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfred0- [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Confirmed mongoloid
Old 09-02-2011, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Where are all the family people! I thought #3 was very touching, a great father-son memory for them to share
Old 09-02-2011, 02:21 AM
Banned

1 Some dickhead trains people.

2 Someone genuinely is a newb and that's hilarious

3 Your dad was such a bad father he made a 12 year old kid play eq and not go into bait and tackle stores when the weather is shit.

Vote 2. The others suck.
Closed Thread