Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

If correctly classic features are making you want to quit, you're not the kind of player they cater to anyway.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

eq was mainly ruined in this order
luclin models
cats on a moon
instanced zones
pop books & pok
guildhall/lobby
completely trivialized content in dated expansions

the only thing i liked in all of this expansions was the bazaar
Old 09-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SOE's poor knowledge of their own game killed EQ.
SOE's poor knowledge of Verant's game.

Planes of Power was great imo.

PoK and the books to it... not so much.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Fire Giant

Default ..

Tons of people still play eqlive, not sure why people think it's ruined. The servers wouldn't still be there and having expansions released if they weren't making profit on it.

I never liked instancing raid content but it was pretty much the natural progression of things in the mmo world.
-takes away interguild fighting and bickering
-lightens the load on csr people
-gives guilds the opportunity to complete raid content on their time

Does it make the accomplishments less hardcore? Meh.. yea maybe a little even though the top guilds in EQ were still running end game raids everyday anyway until they had them on farm status.

The raids themselves actually got much more difficult and involved with instancing which was a benefit if you were a raiding guild because your 54 man force pretty much all had to be on their toes if you wanted to win, which is not the case now or back in classic with the same strat for pretty much every mob (find a corner and burn away).

In any case instancing didn't come about until way late PoP when they turned PoTimeb into an instance probably close a year after the expansion had been out. This was a mistake imo, at least on my server it was clear there were tiers of guilds and they all had content to raid. By this time the top guilds which was 2 had pulled out and were at the front lines, then there was 2 or 3 more that were on the verge of breaking into the elemental planes, and a couple more just starting on PoP mobs and still running VT raids. If the expansions had continued without instancing I think the trend would have continued without trouble along those same lines.

But it is was it is, I personally never much cared for instancing though. But I also do not believe Luclin/PoP/ or even GoD was the downfall of EQ. The game is still around.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwence [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never liked instancing raid content but it was pretty much the natural progression of things in the mmo world.
it was more like a step backwards than a progression. the term Massively Multiplayer Online Game is outdated imo.

the only real mmog`s out there (afaik) are eve/p99/vanguard with ONE persistent world.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Large Bat

Send a message via AIM to Zaisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SOE's poor knowledge of their own game killed EQ.
This
Old 09-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eq was mainly ruined in this order
luclin models
cats on a moon
instanced zones
pop books & pok
guildhall/lobby
completely trivialized content in dated expansions

the only thing i liked in all of this expansions was the bazaar
HoTT / Guild Window / Raid Window / Extended Targets Window all were awesome additions to the game. Inspect buffs was uber too.
Closed Thread