Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

If someone thinks the server will die because it doesn't have a 20% XP bonus, they're probably just worried that they won't hit 50 before the world ends in 2012.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I don't think anyone can know what will be the result of implementing it on the population. I don't particularly want an exp bonus, I'm just confused as to why a classic feature which is not abusable (such as egg-shaped pumice or pickpocketing dragons) is even being debated and not just being implemented. Which is the same reason why I wouldn't think they should entertain the idea of removing hybrid or race exp penalties.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Aviak

@gankstar, your argument is kind of a slippery slope. The goal is not to put out a product that has the greatest mass appeal, the goal is to put out a classic pvp server. I imagine most people would agree one of the requirements for a classic pvp server is "it takes a long time to level."
Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Banned

There's really only a penalty for death, not a chance of a reward. People will just start destroying coin just like bagging gear. FYI destroying coin much faster / way easier. Loss in death is going to result in people quitting way more than items having that effect. You have start on this server and barely have an item to your name and risk/suffer the exact some loss as some griefer twink. I don't think it works pals, bunch of scareds up in here re: item loot.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned

Once I finally hit 46 on my warrior and wanted to camp some fbss/yaks uber guk loot for him, I went down to guk and did a camp check. A solo necro had FBSS locked down and a group was at Lord. I logged off, came back on the next day and said camp check, FBSS was being solod by a necro and there was a group at Lord, I went to royals and got up to 47, went back to guk and guess what - the same virgin necro was still at FBSS, and a group was still at lord. I probably repeated this for another week before I quit the server - saying there's no reward in pvp tells me you've never gotten to the higher levels on p99.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's really only a penalty for death, not a chance of a reward.
You're missing the point of EQ PvP completely and probably shouldn't even play here. This isn't fucking WoW where you kill people for points to buy armor. The reward for killing someone is eliminating an interloper. Camp / region / zone control, hindering an enemy player/guild, etc.

EQ is realistic in everything including PvP. If you're at war and you shoot someone dead, someone doesn't instantly hand you $1,000. The reward is knowing you took out someone whose goal is to take out you.

lol wut
Old 10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Banned

meh XP is XP. keeping it classic is the best idea. XP death on PVP death is not "classic" PVP rules at all. Sullon Zek Wasn't released for years after VZ/TZ/RZ (the "classic pvp" servers)

Classic original PVP servers started PVP at level 6. XP was classic. XP death only resulted from dying to mobs. I'm not sure if originally you lost XP for drowning for falling to death....but I remember only losting XP to monster deaths.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

the level 6 before pvp is not classic, i had a delevelled newbiekiller that i kept at 6 in skyshrine (velious) armor.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Banned

We need more fresh viewpoints about experience rate QQs. I think another dozen threads should cut it.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tardwoth
i had a delevelled newbiekiller that i kept at 6 in skyshrine (velious) armor.
Admitting to exploiting, however widely used, gives me a good idea on why your bug reports are so full of dumb.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the level 6 before pvp is not classic, i had a delevelled newbiekiller that i kept at 6 in skyshrine (velious) armor.
You sure? I did a ton of low range PVP.... but it was always around lvl 6-15. I would wait on my friend enchanter in wood elf form but I was a gnome. So on VZ my tag was yellow to the elves running out from trains in crushbone.

they would zone out low life and I would just nuke them and get rage tells "You're hacking how can a fucking elf kill another elf".

I'd also have a emote key I'd run up to kids and I'd click it said.

Laeli has stolen 7 platinum pieces from YOU!!! and they would follow me around talking shit saying give me my money back hahahaha.. but yea well then if its not level 6 to PVP. then amen. PVP at level 1?
Closed Thread