Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are you asking kanras a question about a change that is clearly marked by nilbog?
And while we are on the subject of Chardok not being accurate; original Chardok didn't have half the mobs that are currently in it. I think there was one roamer going up and down both zone in and out. They didn't line the hall with mobs until the revamp. The tunnel going down deeper into chardok was where the pipe dropping mob used to be. I have no idea how it is here but I assume the tunnel is also lined with mobs leading down. Original Chardok had 3 mobs that roamed up and down that tunnel and any of the three could be the mob that dropped the pipe.

One day when I am bored I will look for details on the original Chardok because I have a feeling ours is way off.

Asher
Old 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All classic through Luclin logs that I have access to put bash:kick ratio somewhere between 2:1 and 3:1. The stock EQEmu code had it at 1:3 before this patch.
Edit: NM, didn't read into it enough because I was at work.
Last edited by Morsakin; 02-22-2012 at 05:25 PM..
Old 02-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Banned

Thank you for the changes. The Red server seems nearly playable now, just waiting on Teams.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Kobold

I hear alot of people bitching about the changes to bash and interrupts. I always thought I channeled through WAAAAAAY too well here compared to on live. As a mage, I channel a full pet cast more times than not. That is a HUGE cast time and a MAGE (cloth wearing pansy) should not be able to channel that easily. I've seen wizards and druids channel through getting hit by like 3 or 4 mobs while kiting. They almost never got interrupted.

Don't get me wrong, I love it when I do channel and don't get owned but it doesn't match up to my memories of live. On live, I was a troll (remember, not ogre) shaman. I had a JBB but never found it that useful on live. If I was tanking, I only could finish a cast like 25% of the time. It really wasn't that game changing for soloing. You couldn't use it much for root/rotting because nukes on live used to break root almost always, or at least like 75% of the time. So I'd have to re-root every time.

I really only remember using it alot in groups to do decent DPS without spending a ton of mana or getting a ton of agro (DoTs were insane agro on live vs. nukes). Really made ogres more powerful and desirable but made the JBB less overpowering in solo situations. I remember it being a cool tool, but not a MUST HAVE.

But stuns were quite common when you were within melee range, at least on non-tanks. Changed after channeling AAs and defensive AAs, but that is beyond p99.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:28 PM
Kobold

Yeah, I remember going to Blackburrow with a noobie Shammy and timing my spellcasts to avoid the bashes. Think that started at level 5 or 6 with the gnolls there. I remember the bashing to be pretty frequent.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Gonna agree with Odeseus and RiffDaemon. On Live back in the day my Paladin definitely had to time spellcasts between mob bashes from the day he started casting at L9. (It really sucked early on having to also time between swings of my 2hander before they changed the stupid way melee swings interacted with spellcasts.)
Old 02-24-2012, 06:23 AM
Fire Giant

Couple of issues it seems to me.

1) Something has changed about sit aggro. If I put a dot on a green mob, and sit down very far away - out of range of any mobs, I get attacked by green mobs near the NPC I have dotted. Is this is intentional? I didn't see it mientioned. It IS different. So far I have seen this in Droga, but haven't tested elsewhere.

2) I agree that bashes were too low. The bash changes is more like my memories of live. The amount of STUNs though, does not jibe with my memory. Even green mobs are stunning my chars several times per fight. I'm talking about true, full stuns here, not bash interrupts.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Fire Giant

is the con system a bit messed up ?

also was there an experience limit put in? i believe its 5% a kill max now
Old 02-26-2012, 05:35 AM
Fire Giant

Sorry to see the shaman pet fix go in, but it is correct. I seem to recall the change to equipping weapons happening in early Velious. I do remember hitting the Ry'Gorr camp in EW for pet weapons on the way to soloing the entrance guards in Kael, and I stopped soloing there long before Luclin was released. I can't find any evidence to support the date of change though, so this is anecdotal crap at best.

I'm glad DoT stacking was implemented in the same patch to offset the pet change, though.

Also, to go back ten pages, Motec is right. Using the JBB effectively in combination with things like DoT stacking and/or a slow weapon with a damage proc is clearly more dps than swinging away like an idiot.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Fire Giant

I too remember a lot of bash interrupts in my Live days as a paladin. However, what mwatt says a few posts up worries me. I remember a lot of interrupts, but being stunned quite infrequently.

I'll throw in the caveat that I have not yet logged in to experience this patch. I did want to echo a couple sentiments in thread though. I am another player that thought I channeled through way too many casts on this server (ostensibly prior to this patch). Of course, I liked that =) I'll be somewhat sad to see it changed.

What I'll still be absolutely giddy for, however, is logging in to play.