Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Default Explain exp pen on death

I know that the guise it went in under was that it would reduce the "ENORMOUS MASSIVELY OBSCENE" issue of bind rushing. My question to any dev team member who stumbles upon this. Does that have more positive impact than twinked toons running around camping new players?

I'd have liked to had spent my Sunday afternoon catching up here. I've got a job, a wife, and as such I've only been able to get as far as 19 with my schedule. Instead of being able to take a day for EQ I ran into a troll shadowknight with full resist gear, a dark reaver, rubi bp, everything you could hope to attain. He instantly harm touched me from 60% to dead. Afterwards he not only took my camp from me but continued to kill me in order to produce exp loss.

Hopefully the dev team will read this and take some time to give it another thought. I don't believe the experience penalty was ever needed to prevent bind rushing. I do believe it has a negative impact on the health of the server and that people without thicker skin would do more than log off for the day.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Planar Protector

HAHAHAHAHA, the funniest part was he instantly harm touched me from 60% to dead. SUNDAY AFTERNOON RUINED!
Old 03-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

It was explained in schematics, in poems, in songs, in a macbeth 3 acts play, that xp loss would favor the griefers and once that the twinks would start rolling in, it would get worse.

Ive been pushing this issue for a while, i practically gave up, state my position once in a while, but not giving much of a fuck at this point.

Bunch of grieflulzmorons pushed against removing xp loss so they could get their lulz, they get the low pop server they deserve. Sad for the rest of us though.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

It wouldnt surprise me that people like Slave were SOE shills sent here to make sure the server would fail.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Planar Protector

pretty much what you guys are saying is avoiding pvp with decked out alts in a server with 100people (85% oor to you low levelpoops) while leveling up is too fucking hard. i mean level 19 there is only one place to level and that fucking bad ass troll sk was there first with his elite gear. life no fair
Old 03-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know that the guise it went in under was that it would reduce the "ENORMOUS MASSIVELY OBSCENE" issue of bind rushing. My question to any dev team member who stumbles upon this. Does that have more positive impact than twinked toons running around camping new players?

I'd have liked to had spent my Sunday afternoon catching up here. I've got a job, a wife, and as such I've only been able to get as far as 19 with my schedule. Instead of being able to take a day for EQ I ran into a troll shadowknight with full resist gear, a dark reaver, rubi bp, everything you could hope to attain. He instantly harm touched me from 60% to dead. Afterwards he not only took my camp from me but continued to kill me in order to produce exp loss.

Hopefully the dev team will read this and take some time to give it another thought. I don't believe the experience penalty was ever needed to prevent bind rushing. I do believe it has a negative impact on the health of the server and that people without thicker skin would do more than log off for the day.
i brought an issue up similar to this before. The problem is there is no incentive to pvp on this server other than to make people mad. Its a very unhealthy concept. there should be item loot instead of exp loss imo. but trust me, you may be heard but nothing will be changed.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pretty much what you guys are saying is avoiding pvp with decked out alts in a server with 100people (85% oor to you low levelpoops) while leveling up is too fucking hard. i mean level 19 there is only one place to level and that fucking bad ass troll sk was there first with his elite gear. life no fair
Hiding under a rock from twinks because theyll delevel ya, thats classic Rallos right there. Anyone but a fucking retard can see that this should be in the wiki entry for the word fun.

We have some oldschool RZers right here in this thread.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

I had run from Najena after being chased out of najena by another twink, with a 50 druid oor healing him. I went to oasis and was trained by people camping specs for no reason, and finally ended up in guk where this ding dong ran all over attacking me, until I logged off. After I ran some errands and got back to it a couple hours later guess who logs back in to give me another harm touch 5 minutes after I come back?

I guess you're right though I should be content finding some hole in the wall place where I can level without any sort of player interaction. That's really appealing. It's not the pvp that bothers me. It is that there is already enough bullshit to deal with in this game without adding the ability to force people to lose experience.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostbitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had run from Najena after being chased out of najena by another twink, with a 50 druid oor healing him. I went to oasis and was trained by people camping specs for no reason, and finally ended up in guk where this ding dong ran all over attacking me, until I logged off. After I ran some errands and got back to it a couple hours later guess who logs back in to give me another harm touch 5 minutes after I come back?

I guess you're right though I should be content finding some hole in the wall place where I can level without any sort of player interaction. That's really appealing. It's not the pvp that bothers me. It is that there is already enough bullshit to deal with in this game without adding the ability to force people to lose experience.
INB4

U MAD? HE MAD!

from Holotards
Old 03-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

PLAY BLUE YOU PUSSIES
Closed Thread