View Poll Results: Are you in favor of the proposed resist system changes
Yes 13 46.43%
No 15 53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Planar Protector

wizards gon hate

hook me up with tstaff pals, i am suffering badly atm, trance sticks are SHIT in pvp and no one gets fooled that it's actually a trance stick and not a tstaff im holding anymore.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Last edited by Smedy; 09-12-2012 at 07:43 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

Ya, in the few rounds of attack you get off on a caster in pvp, the random t-staff proc is definitely reliable. A caster could survive about 10 rounds of a t-staff before killed, which means when fighting a monk you might be lucky enough to see it proc once every 5 fights.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SearyxTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played both classes. A long tstaff proc opens up possibilities, but let's not consider class balance based on one item.

Winged Death alone is half of a monk's total HPs. The cast time on nullify magic is enough to get hit with starfire/wildfire (or drifting death). I went through that song and dance too many times to count. A Monk's pvp potential was always limited to either catching stupid people in tight indoor corridors or getting lucky with a tstaff proc and popping innerflame.

Why is this more lenient resist system better? Were pure melee overpowered in either old world or kunark? Because I'm pretty sure they were a joke in old world and passable-with-the-best-gear in kunark.
Why is everyone dogging this post, sounds alright to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I agree too a smart druid owns a monk. Especially with Nature's Touch.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What testing is there to do?

I need 140 mr to achieve 95% resist rate as a monk, to this day -- I still need to equip a shield of rainbow hues to achieve that. I needed 51 mr to resist root in classic eq.

I dont like this instagib version of everquest where every nukes lands for full unless you have 20 pieces of resist gear equipped. I dont like to be rooted/snared/mesmerized/stunned by people 8 levels lower than me when I have twice as much MR as the needed classic equivalent.

Fact is, theres no melee on this server. Only a select few who had access to the really good gear are sticking around. Everyone else is running "non classic" wizard 3sec nukes that were "easily" resisted back on classic.

Vayder or nirgon, pull out some numbers for draughts while you're at it.

Want a tip against rogues and monks? Damage shields and dont stay in melee range. move out of the way. I heard if you run, I cant catch you.
Ya, but back in the day achieving 50-80 mr was difficult without buffs. Items are much more attainable and well known now. I think things are pretty good atm. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Banned

95% to resist root, so roughly 1 in 20 roots will land. explain to me what is going on that allows a caster to spam root 20 times in a row. assuming you are just standing there not dispelling/interrupting that's about 40 seconds of cast time. please dont tell me you are allowing a caster 40 seconds+ to spam 20 roots.

o lawdy the exaggeration here is getting redic. also the last time i interrupted a melee dispelling off his root was never.

I love how each one of your responses manages to say nothing relevant to whats being discussed. You aren't running for office so no need to dodge questions or change the subject. I brought up a simple point. If the availability of resist gear was a factor when balancing resists (and it was), common sense would dictate that resists would need to be tweaked 13 years later when there is no unknown and one guild has been uncontested for months on end. The meta game changes constantly and so games are always re balancing, patching, ect. EQ is no exception.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Fire Giant

agreed, shouldn't have to cast root that much
Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Banned

the best part is these guys actually have the MR to resist roots but for some reason they dont and then QQ about getting rooted. being immune to CC > 20 extra damage on backstab from stacking STR instead of MR. all a melee needs is a few clicking (JBoots being main one), a weapon, a haste item, and mr.
Last edited by SamwiseBanned; 09-12-2012 at 08:35 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Vayder or nirgon, pull out some numbers for draughts while you're at it.

Draught of Fire - 112fr needed
Draught of Ice - 123cr needed
Draught of Jiva - 123mr needed
Old 09-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayder

Draught of Fire - 112fr needed
Draught of Ice - 123cr needed
Draught of Jiva - 123mr needed
at even cons?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Banned

Yeah those might be just about correct. I know trying to sling at someone who had a full set of diamond gear it was pretty stupid to use anything but lures.

Why do you think we put such a high emphases on dispels? Or landing druid frost for fire spells? Why do you think I like a no drop based system so much? Especially in Velious it became almost futile to try and land things besides lures on people with their Kael armor.

*Immune* to draughts/star fire etc at 120s resists... hum~. Well don't forget, again, on draughts etc there's the -10 resist factor for wizards. I'd hafta check things like stuns which should be as lower or maybe even lower than root. If that lucy data says a stun immunity is 100+ magic... then probably not right. But so far, it matches other classic data I've had pulled. I feel like star fire and wildfire started becoming literally a non factor around like 140 resist with a few landing but not immune. This is a lvl 60 against a level 60. I bet since I did play on an item loot server, and most people did run around in no drop... the caps for spells would be suprisingly low to my eyes given the raw data.
Closed Thread