Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think any of the above have been banned, for sure not Lethdar.
I've been thinking about the group xp bonus, long and hard. I don't think it'll help as much as you would think. Ultimately you cannot pressure people into grouping. Times have changed sadly and even though EQ is a game of teamplay, it is heavily dependent on your time. Most people want to get xp the most efficient/fast way possible. It takes a long time to get a group going sometimes, between travel and finding the right classes, it can take hours.

Time - First getting the group together. Unless you are lucky, most likely people will be on different continents and certainly different zones. Druids and wizards being the only porters doesnt help since these are two classes you will almost always see soloing. So most likely you gotta find a druid out of group to port your members near where you are. Currently the porting situation isnt good, the few times I've logged on, I've been asked for ports. If you are fortunate enough to find a porter or people near you then you have the next problem, finding the right classes. Without a constant supply of priests to heal groups, untwinked melees are doomed. Even the majority of new clerics solo to 40 now. Besides Chellsea, all the recent chanters (I've seen), are soloers. Druids/Shammies soloin. Even my favorite classs to invite to groups (mages) be soloin it up. Everyone has tunnel vision towards end-game that they forget about the social aspect of this game. Okay now im ranting, back to study.

TL DR, people wanna get to end-game as fast as possible, leaving casuals/group dependent classes in the dust. Without a constant supply of group oriented healers (players that prefere groups over solo), groups wont happen even with a super group xp bonus. Outside a few situations, a healer is ALWAYS needed to form any group.
I dunno about outright bans, but I know for a fact several of those trainers ate nice long multiple day suspensions. Same will happen again if people try it enough, always more then a few people running fraps whenever guild vs guild pvp goes down.

About xp bonus, all the reasons you listed is WHY we need the individual flat rate bonuses to go away and die in a fire, and be replaced with only group bonuses.

Its the absolute only way to save the group leveling game. We are gonna bleed away non-solo classes like a hemophilliac without it. For long term server health and player retention, this must happen and happen fast.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Banned

Kirban the manaburn whore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I may be wrong but I think SZ started out in the Velious Era, for sure Kunark was out unless i remember wrong.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Banned

More like the classes that can already solo want even more of a boost I bet. Sure this'd help non group classes, but people shouldn't be selfish and should group guildies.

"No melee left behind"
Old 09-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Banned

I still think people will solo regardless of group xp bonus. Thankfully this isn't as much of a problem once you hit 40+. Basically we need more new players and not twinked alts/power leveled alts. Again I suggest a leveling path that takes the least bit of traveling. Evils will have no problems binding in gfay and being able to level 1X-40 from the same bind point. You cant beat Unrest/MM combo only being a few zones away. 12-40+ with minimal travel. It is also between 2 druid rings and a dock.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
More like the classes that can already solo want even more of a boost I bet. Sure this'd help non group classes, but people shouldn't be selfish and should group guildies.

"No melee left behind"
What do you mean by your first sentence?

All the flat rate individual xp bonuses need to go away so the solo classes get nothing.

They want xp bonus, they need to add memebers to their groups.

We can talk all we want about "no melee left behind" but the fact is until the devs implement change, we will continue to see the non-soloers lag behind, get frusterated and quit.

There are already several level 60 melee and guess what, they are ALL in Nihilum. The rest of the server is destined to be druids and necros. Have fun with that. Raid vs Raid.. one side with druids and the other with rogues/monks/paladins/sk's and warriors.

Let me know how that works out.

Remove individual flat rate server xp bonus NOW, and replace it with group xp bonus, the larger the group the higher the bonus.

I've been watching some melee on the server since kunark launched. The vast majority of them on my "watch list" have quit after ive observed them "lfg" for hours every day/night in /ooc.

Welcome to red99, where enchanters and clerics in a duo get insane xp , and everyone else is LFG. (or soloing)
Old 09-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Kobold

p.s. Kirban was a known exploiter/early MQ user who did nothing but zone into velks and nuke people 3 floors above him.

This changed to manaburn once per hour when luclin hit.

Then he switched to a bard and MQed and trained his way to glory till the box died when it became nothing but train on train instead of pvp. Another good reason why trains should never be allowed here.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets not talk about teams
he can't have threats against his guildbank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FFA pvp is meaningless. sure its fun to gank but eventually it gets boring. i had fun keeping the griefers out of faydark but now that Kunark is out everyone is spread out again. the best pvp experience besides Discord will always be my time on SZ. Despite being on the good team and getting ganked more than Red99, there was an overall missions and focus to defend your team and control your zones. ffa pvp is ffa, no reason for anything other than lulz.
agreed though, ffa was much better with 500-4,000 players on so you'd have all different matchup's and circumstances
Old 09-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe it was because I played Velious era on SZ but I never had evils come into Highkeep.. maybe once but probably never. The PvP I found I had to seek, I never really defended a zone.

Velks did get some frequent evil visitors like Kirban (another wizard who managed to survive in a classic resist system, and yes before he got mana burn too).
what does the current resist system have to do with whether a wizard is successful in pvp? Wizard is a gank class. its not like you hail your opponent and /bow before casting. ive never seen a wizard first cast a root and if i did, i would laugh. even if root landed at 200 mr, i would be stupid as hell to root your opponent instead of lobbing an ice comet at him.

a good wizard can get off a couple of nukes before the victum even knows whats going on, assuming your arent in a 2 by 2 square room.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:46 AM
Banned

Again he talks about wizards being ridiculous in Luclin. Way to be relevant.

Oh and sorry about your guild's actions and the result of the server's population.
Closed Thread