Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 01:10 PM
Banned

If you want a melee focus, you could Shaman-Monk-Rogue-Warrior, pretty easily with only slowish leveling pre-30 before your Shaman's slows and heals hit their stride. This group will probably level the fastest out of anything just from pure DPS. Cleric-Shadowknight-Rogue-Bard also covers everything you need in a group.

Still, I can't help but think, that with 4 people, just your classic vanilla boring group would be the most powerful and fulfilling. Cleric-Warrior-Monk-Enchanter, I have to agree, would give you the most options in that area.

DO NOT worry about ports. You pay people for these with stuff called platinum.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

[QUOTE=Slave;808400]If you want a melee focus, you could Shaman-Monk-Rogue-Warrior, pretty easily with only slowish leveling pre-30 before your Shaman's slows and heals hit their stride. This group will probably level the fastest out of anything just from pure DPS.

Slave my old buddy lol. Have you ever played a Shaman? Haste and Slow are 2 of the worse mana eating spells in the game. Yeah, I can see 3 Melee's all wanting haste. Good luck with that. Sounds like the Shaman will need a Marco, "BrB OOM, going to make lunch etc" about every third pull. Pls Haste dropped.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slave my old buddy lol. Have you ever played a Shaman? Haste and Slow are 2 of the worse mana eating spells in the game. Yeah, I can see 3 Melee's all wanting haste. Good luck with that. Sounds like the Shaman will need a Marco, "BrB OOM, going to make lunch etc" about every third pull. Pls Haste dropped.
I've buffed, slowed, and been main healer for all-melee KC groups easily. It helps to know a little bit about the game and have good gear, but not really all that necessary.

Use your JB gear to buff. Use Alacrity instead of Celerity. Skip a few slows on the weaker mobs. Spread regeneration around and encourage the melees to share some damage. This stuff is all about 13 years old, and it works. It works perfectly. Melee groups tend to buzzsaw through mobs if you just take care of their buffs and park the occasional add.
Last edited by Slave; 01-11-2013 at 05:05 AM..
Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 AM
Banned

Classic cookie cutter is war monk rogue shaman cleric chanter!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkakahn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic cookie cutter is war monk rogue shaman cleric chanter!
Perhaps you should read the title of the thread again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2013, 05:20 AM
Banned

So you pick 4 out of the 6 choices and OMG you found out what your playing it might be slow but you can still FOUR man to 60 with war monk rogue chanter...........
Old 01-11-2013, 07:54 AM
Banned

shaman
monk
monk
monk

gg
Old 01-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Sarnak

If it was me and 3 friends, for overall utility and to have the ability to function well in most situations and zones, I'd go:

Sk (tank/pulls)
Enc (cc, buffs, charm dps)
Cleric (heals, rez)
Rogue/monk (dps)

I wouldn't add a shaman to that 4 man setup, enc can slow and cleric can heal...buffs are nice but I'd prefer high melee dps/off tank ability than back up heals and buffs...and as a melee i think I'd prefer enc haste over stat buffs from a shaman. Don't get me wrong, shaman are great and i love grouping with them, but in my opinion, the setup above will allow you to do any camp in the game without much effort or shenanigans. And have no stops for downtime.

It depends on your play style and how/where you want to level. Ports and sow are nice, but you won't have sow in dungeon crawls anyway, and finding a port is really easy.... /w dru ecom all, /w wiz ecom all..../t hey man, porting by chance?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Default s

1. cleric. you will want a cleric.
2. enchanter / bard
3. war/sk/pal
4. rogue / monk / or random caster

The holy trinity is all that matters, then add whatever. If you want the most efficient 4 man it would be cleric, enchanter, warrior, rogue / monk
Old 01-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Planar Protector

Four Iksar SKS
Closed Thread