Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Kobold

Quote:
“You are not your class, you're not how much plat you have in the bank. You are not the computer you play on. You're not the contents of your backpacks. You are not your fucking fungi tunic. You are all singing, all dancing crap of the world.”
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

I can tell you there is a hell of a lot of satisfaction knowing that YOU are the one that finally got that item you have died 4 times or more trying to get solo. The mob that gave you Goosebumps you killed is a pretty big deal, at least to me.

Because YOU have the item, not "Bob" in the group with a damn lucky roll who was AFK half the time.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithel1988 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when you solo to 60 what happens then? solo a new char?
Game is not about the grind.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Large Bat

are there enough lower lvl people on the server to start a new character and be able to group? thinking about trying the server out (i am not new to the emulator or the game by any means, just new to this server), and dont wanna be stuck soloing all the time, especially if someone is gonna be upset with me about it ><
Old 03-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

I love grouping and meeting new people. I have made lots of friends on this server doing that. I far prefer grouping to going solo.

However, as others said, if I am doing chores around the house or something that means I cannot put 100% into playing, then it isn't fair to the people I am grouping with. Much better to find a 6 minute spawn, kill it, go afk while I med for 6 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by friznapbaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are there enough lower lvl people on the server to start a new character and be able to group? thinking about trying the server out (i am not new to the emulator or the game by any means, just new to this server), and dont wanna be stuck soloing all the time, especially if someone is gonna be upset with me about it ><
Yes. It isn't too hard to find a group at lower levels on this server. Lots of lower levels are twinked, but a lot are not as well.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Because those who are grouping tend to be more anti-social than those who solo.

I like interacting with everyone, not just those who are talking to me in light-blue text.

DISCLAIMER: Yes, there are always exceptions. This is just a general tendency I've noticed over the years, and yes, when I'm grouped I also tend to be more anti-social towards those outside of my group. IMO, this is not a good or bad thing, it just is.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by friznapbaby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i've got a couple twinkies i'm working on, druid and a necro but i don't mind joining groups if invited.... the large majority of the people i've grouped with are un-twinked people that have just started their first P99 main character.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:08 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithel1988 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
do you hate getting stick with a retarded group member every once in awhile?

is the xp faster?

are you hanging out with friends in your room?

do you like being alone in real life and in a virtual game world at the same time?

what is it thats so fun about soloing. cause i hate it
Time crunch for me, I feel bad in a group and having to afk every few moments when my hubby has a honey-do for me (I don't get any peace from him lol). When he isn't home I'll group as I know I won't have to afk, but when he is home I don't even try.

Stryzika (Nec) - Red, Talcya (Clr) - Red; Tizoxa (Nec) - Blue, Ocura (Mag) - Blue
Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 PM
Large Bat

I almost never group because I'm shy and scared. I don't solo particularly well either though, I don't have anything past level 11 still. I'm doing just as bad as I did back in early 2000, come to think of it...
Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Doubt you will have issues finding groups even at low level unless you insist on getting to some odd places.
http://25.media.tumblr.com/ab9521a00...4dqyo1_250.gif
Closed Thread