Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Default Error 1017 - still ongoing

Hey Techhies,

Still having my 1017 problem after a little over a month without an attempt to login.

My first login attempt (about 30 minutes ago), netted me online and looking at my Shaman in game for the first time since my problem started. I was online for about 15 minutes and boom, kicked to login with 1017 laughing at me.

I think I've narrowed down my problem to my connection (metro PCS tethering / mobile hotspot). For some reason P99 (and only p99) tags my connection with the "open proxy" flag which apparently (and for good reason) p99 doesn't allow these type of connections.

My problem is this. When I connect either via tether or wifi hotspot, my IP remains static for the duration of my current connection to my tether / hotspot. I believe it changes when I reconnect the next time but my Mac Address remains the same and I'm pretty sure that when we connect to p99 out Mac Address is displayed for them to log.

I've tried PDA net and all the apps that have been jossled around on these forums and I've also been able to connect to p99 via direct connection or through wireless internet from a router. In my current situation these types of connections aren't a possibility. Any advice or suggestions on giving myself a dynamic IP that remains the same at all times even with reconnects? Is this something that can only be done through my provider?

Lastly...has anyone else had this problem through a tethered / wifi connection from their phone?
Old 05-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Planar Protector

Will get back to you this week on this, my apologies for not being able to hit it sooner, just been a busy week so far and im too drained to think about anything too serious.

i know for sure that we can figure out a solution though, so dont give up hope!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 05-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quoting from a similar thread:-

Quote:
Have you tried using PDANET and usb tethering yet?
Its got to be that connection...are there any alternative data plans you could use?