Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 02:45 AM
Fire Giant

Red already has incentives to play on it. A lot of incentives. If exp bonus, easy leveling, a generous community that routinely twinks out new players starting, the promise of pvp, no exp on pvp death, and yellow text doesn't do it for people, what is a one way transfer of their higher level character going to accomplish?

The server is there to play on. If the server is so unattractive to people even with all of these incentives I can't imagine a one time transfer is going to do a single thing except get a lot of people angry that they transferred their character to a server they don't like.

There is only so much administration can do to get people to play on the server. If people want to, they will.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Last edited by fuark; 05-31-2013 at 02:50 AM..
Old 05-31-2013, 03:05 AM
Banned

nilbog is truly a white knight and deserves more control
Old 05-31-2013, 04:26 AM
Large Rat

Let your high leavel easy peasy dressed characters there where they belong to, at blue. Please continue doing your easy raiding and getting the next insane pixel.

This game isnt only to be lvl 60.

I would love if more, even a lot of player come to red server. So that the lvl ranges are filled again and that there is a lot of competition for zones and spawns, which results in fights and fun.

But that has nothing to do with transfering easy stuffed out 60 toons to roxxor the server.
Old 05-31-2013, 04:47 PM
Kobold

I was excited when Red was announced, but when they announced it was a FFA and item loot I said screw it. I am an old VZ player, LOVED VZ and would kill for that experience w/ a populated server again. I remember when VZ went from item loot to coin only, # increased and the whole experience became more fun. The race to bag items sucked, the idea you can lose your best xp gear as you are resting at a camp spot, made gameplay dreary. Being a casual player, why would I waste my 3hrs a week with losing the items I worked hard for? The switch to coin loot made PvP fun and worth doing not to mentioned opened up the economy for the health of VZ and TZ I probably put a full year of gameplay on my main toon and only got to level 42 and it didn't bother me one bit, the game was fun whether you were pvping, grinding or even rping (would only do it on a race war server).

A race-war (shorties, vs. elves, vs. humans vs. darks) type server with coin loot would cause me to jump in instantly, and I assume many others. You have known "friends" and known relatively "safe" areas, and dangerous areas. The Burning Rapier quest was a BLAST doing in a race war, and very well earned, not just completing errands.

Until the red server fanboys realize that their "hardcore" style is the reason why their pop sucks the problem will never be solved. Change it to race-war, leave the existing red chars on it (as a benefit for sticking with it) and you will get a surge in population and a much more enjoyable experience (more pvp, more casual players, less griefing for phat lewtz.).
Last edited by tj218; 05-31-2013 at 04:56 PM..
Old 05-31-2013, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

There is no item loot on the server.

Red99
Old 05-31-2013, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no item loot on the server.
Really? Well now I feel stupid. Was it originally?

Race-war still makes it a lot of fun though, I stand by that.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

item loot was never part of reds ruleset, you on drugs bro?
Old 05-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
item loot was never part of reds ruleset, you on drugs bro?
Wish I were, then I'd at least have an excuse for my ignorance.

Go race war!
Old 05-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

I vote yes to racewar. Want my yellow name back, please!

Red99
Old 05-31-2013, 05:24 PM
Planar Protector

race war was fine back in the day when people had interest in role playing, unfortunately living in the past doesn't make it reality in the present and people would just cross team immediately anyway
Closed Thread