Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Is variance still needed?
Yes, it promotes "competition" 75 29.18%
No, its an unneccesary non-classic time sink 182 70.82%
Voters: 257. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A guild can only camp and claim one raid mob at a time.

Add the proposed variance spawn times suggested in the OP.

Add a 2 hour limit from the time the boss mob spawns to the end of the claim.
I really think that this is the best solution yet. Someone said that this system will be exploited as well and that it will not work. If this system will not work please state why you think it will not work. What kind of sneakyness have you already thought of that is not covered by what Dabamf has already stated?(be sure to read the whole post) If we can think of loopholes now it we can include fixes for those loopholes.

This system could be largely enforced by the players, however repeated ignoring of the rules would probably ultimately require GM action. If sufficient proof* can be shown that a guild has been ignoring the rules (ie spawn camping two raid mobs, or not giving the guild that has camped a raid mob the 2 hour window to kill it) then the entire guild *read entire guild, not just the members directly involved* should get something like a 7 day IP ban. And that 7 day IP ban should be 7 days of server up time. so if some ass clown cannot decide to DDoS the server to prevent others from playing while they are temp banned.

*I would define sufficient proof as fraps videos or similar. screenshots can be photoshoped far too easily. True, videos can be faked as well, but it is a lot more difficult.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Ok, in order to pevent this(<Bear Jews> Recuiting!

Simple add another rule that a guild cannot engage another raid mob while camping or engaging any other raid mob.

Furthermore, if a guild gives up their camp for another guild over and over again, it will be seen that both guilds are abusing the rules and both would suffer from 7 day ban?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:01 PM
Sarnak

I find this whole matter frustrating. If GMs had not come in and forced a rotation on the server, Transcendence would constantly have a boot in their ass.

/rant on

To Supreme:
GJ taking 3+ hours to take down Vox, or did Trans even get him? LOL, DIE TO GIANTS MORE YOU DAMN SCRUBS!! How long did it take you guys to clear fear? 6-8 hours? rofl.. Were zone-in mobs repopping before you downed the temple? I was falling asleep in my computer chair waiting for the POFear mobs to respawn. It would repop in intervals that were spaced out like 30 minutes. Zone-in - (30 mins) > half West wall / East of zone-in - (30 mins) > Graveyard Toads - (60 mins) > Gorgons / Boogeymen - (30 mins) > TTs - (30 mins) and after 3 hours of what would take us about 45 minutes we called it quits and decided to just wait for a full repop.

/rant off

Its frustrating that IB can't do a damn thing but sit and watch this fail guild. Wenai is preventing IB from totally steam rolling Transcendence by using 14-day ban warnings and forcing rotation. Transcendence can't even comprehend the amount of damage we could inflict from PVE.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Aviak

I think Wenai is Nancy Pelosi in RL.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I find this whole matter frustrating. If GMs had not come in and forced a rotation on the server, Transcendence would constantly have a boot in their ass.

/rant on

To Supreme:
GJ taking 3+ hours to take down Vox, or did Trans even get him? LOL, DIE TO GIANTS MORE YOU DAMN SCRUBS!! How long did it take you guys to clear fear? 6-8 hours? rofl.. Were zone-in mobs repopping before you downed the temple? I was falling asleep in my computer chair waiting for the POFear mobs to respawn. It would repop in intervals that were spaced out like 30 minutes. Zone-in - (30 mins) > half West wall / East of zone-in - (30 mins) > Graveyard Toads - (60 mins) > Gorgons / Boogeymen - (30 mins) > TTs - (30 mins) and after 3 hours of what would take us about 45 minutes we called it quits and decided to just wait for a full repop.

/rant off

Its frustrating that IB can't do a damn thing but sit and watch this fail guild. Wenai is preventing IB from totally steam rolling Transcendence by using 14-day ban warnings and forcing rotation. Transcendence can't even comprehend the amount of damage we could inflict from PVE.
Wait so because we do not clear fear as fast as you think we should and we do not do Vox as "flawless" as you that somehow entitles you to taking all the raid mobs and "steam rolling" the server?

You are a jackass.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Oh..btw Wonton.

Its hard to clear the zone when there is not a CT to charm and kill everything for you.

Oh and fear does still work on CT on this server.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait so because we do not clear fear as fast as you think we should and we do not do Vox as "flawless" as you that somehow entitles you to taking all the raid mobs and "steam rolling" the server?

You are a jackass.
Legitimately killing Vox would be a good first step.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Kobold

Ahh yes.

Bringing out the 11-year old in all of us.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zexa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Legitimately killing Vox would be a good first step.
Towards what?

If vox is broken then they should #kill her everytime she spawns. Give us a working encounter and we will kill her.

You guys seem to have it in your head that for some reason we cannot kill her either way.

BTW who feared CT at the end of your fight.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:27 PM
Large Bat

Did anyone else notice feerrott filling up with IB before the patch was even announced?
Closed Thread