Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Banned

Jesus Christ.

Is this what you're worried about?

You'd rather precious time was spent on this? Ho-brudda.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:16 AM
Aviak

If you guys don't like plugging im sure there are other games/servers for you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] .....seriously though as a caster i can gate away from almost everything this is just one more thing to put a melee at a disadvantage in getting away from pvp

the opportunity to get a few more kills in after someone plugs while im camping them at their bind sounds cool though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-18-2012, 10:08 AM
Fire Giant

Raiders are thinking more along the line of zone control, not 1v1 random kills.

Guilds would zone plug enmass when a fight for zone control went south, and then would log back in enmass when the ones who made them plug started to occupy themselves again with progressing towards their raid target.

If zone plugging was delt with, then instead of a wave of geared/buffed enemy logging back in from a plug, the victors would only have to deal with naked enemy running back from their bind. Which of course is much easier to deal with. One group of rearguard could deal with the enemy trying to get their corpses instead of the whole raid sitting at the zoneline wondering when the enemy guild is going to log back in.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr0llb0rn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raiders are thinking more along the line of zone control, not 1v1 random kills.

Guilds would zone plug enmass when a fight for zone control went south, and then would log back in enmass when the ones who made them plug started to occupy themselves again with progressing towards their raid target.

If zone plugging was delt with, then instead of a wave of geared/buffed enemy logging back in from a plug, the victors would only have to deal with naked enemy running back from their bind. Which of course is much easier to deal with. One group of rearguard could deal with the enemy trying to get their corpses instead of the whole raid sitting at the zoneline wondering when the enemy guild is going to log back in.
that's a great point...just wonder if there is another way around this...if there's not then i would be in favor of this but i would hate to see some noob punished because there's a train at both zone lines or someone getting bind camped even worse(might be bad examples just pointing out this effects non raiders in a lot of ways) when there was another solution
Last edited by Znif; 07-18-2012 at 11:01 AM..
Old 07-18-2012, 11:36 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that's a great point...just wonder if there is another way around this...if there's not then i would be in favor of this but i would hate to see some noob punished because there's a train at both zone lines or someone getting bind camped even worse(might be bad examples just pointing out this effects non raiders in a lot of ways) when there was another solution
just to clarify i was talking about the hard code solution
Old 07-18-2012, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Pointless thread nothing will ever happen about this ever.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

so is your raid attendence.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:11 AM
Banned

Haven't enough classic elements been butchered? Leave this alone / close it up.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Kobold

close it down
Old 06-13-2013, 02:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is where I have a "fuck 'em" attitude.

Now, let's remember why EQ sucked ass after Velious.

First, let me preface my explanation by first stating that zone plugging was a pretty novel thing to do in EQ during the Velious era (essentially no one devised doing it in PvP. It was mostly a way to get to PoM.)

With that in mind, Luclin came out and had safe zones. BUT, not only did it have safe zones, it had instant click exodus's and portals for Druids and Wizards!

Then came PoP with more safe zones, more AA's, more insane gear without proper scaling to help end the lives of people in much the same quick manner as previously seen in Velious and before then. That was Sony's fault. Moving on...

LDoN-- yay! Instances! (By this point plugging was rampant.)

Then later some bullshit gating AA for all classes? I hardly remember.

Case in point: EQ sucked because there became too many ways for people to A) escape PvP, and B) the gear scaled with PvP mechanics over time made a PvP battle between 2 people sometimes last 3 hours (some of them were epic, don't get me wrong).

So if we're making a list of things that were wrong with EQ, the terrible things that prevented real, honest PvP, it would start as follows:

1. Safe zones
2. Alternate Advancement (some were actually good ideas, ironically enough).
3. Instances
4. Hackers
5. Zone pluggers
6. Too much gear with too many stats
7. More levels
-----------------
8. Sony
9. My mom yelling at me to take out the garbage
10. Guilds ran by people who didn't want to stir anyone up
11. Iloveyou
12. That Constellations chick in the RL pic forum is really quite gorgeous and stunning, amirite or wut?
13. I've got a thing for those deep, dark brown peepers. I MELT, BREW.

But seriously, 1-7. Dying isn't a big deal. I suicide by going Rambo on full groups all the time, pals. I zone, sure. I don't plug. It isn't really a "tactic."

The reality is that you've lost at the point if plugging. You're just denying anyone else the pleasure of getting the kill of you out of spite and pride. I'm surprised no one else has said that. Don't call plugging something it isn't, something tactical or noble or even remotely natural to the game.

It is an exploit. What's that quote?

"A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right." -- Thomas Paine, y'all.
Its noble to deny some twink lamer who does it themselves their easy kill after they ambush you in a tight spot because there is no were else to be.

Heck I will do it all day long to piss off the noob PKs in Unrest =)

Its a wash though because when you have those bastards by the balls they always zone dance, plug themselves...

It has no place in guild pvp though. Makes for lame fights. If it went away I wouldn't mind that much.
Last edited by runlvlzero; 06-13-2013 at 02:39 AM..
Closed Thread