Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In classic, the Hero Bracers quest was notorious for being an xp farm, even up in the 40s. Druids would just bind in Qeynos and kill the Mino Hero and turn in continuously. It was so much that they first nerfed the shackles so they were no-drop (are they droppable here? Perhaps that's another bug report) and then eventually nerfed the Hero's spawn rate. Here are just a few posts I could dig up about it. Some discrepancy in terms of how much xp you get around 32, but both show there's no 11% cap.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/q...10642487636143
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...04190120597692
So, 4 blues is the awesome exp they said they got.

5 orange per level. 5 blue per orange. = 25 blue per level.
So, you could say each blue = 4%
Max they said they got was 4 blue per turn in (16%). If they are correct, this is decent evidence, but definitely not overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The quest prior to it being nerfed to oblivion you could take 3 to 4 backpacks of tonic and level 1 into the 20's easy. each turn in was diffinitly more than 11 percent of level 1 toon.
By itself, this quote doesn't prove.. that they give more than 11%.

If 3 or 4 backpacks full of tonic.. assuming a backpack is a basic 8 slot and you had stacks in each slot of each backpack:

20(tonics)x8(slots)x3(backpacks) = 480 tonics.
11% per turn in = 9.09 tonics per level.
For level 20, you'd need ~180 turn ins. And possibly more (up to 480ish) if the exp degraded as you leveled, providing less than the 11% for subsequent turn ins.

I wrote this without doing any research of the original tumpy tonic quest, so feel free to research more.
Last edited by nilbog; 06-17-2013 at 03:43 PM..
Old 06-17-2013, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Heya nilbog

Granted xp may have degraded as you leveled up.

I tried searching for more concrete evidence beside my own memories but to no avail. I do remember making runs on my main <druid> to make all those trumpy tonics in my memories i remember being amazed how fast my alt toon would go from 1 up to 20 ish but again that is just my memories.

The value given by poster i quoted is only value i have ever seen about the amount xp given by the orig quest. I will continue to search though.

EDIT:

I have no idea how to setup a server for this game nor how to modify quest. is it possible to test this quest in its original form ??

is it possible to revert this quest to its original form and run tests to see exactly how much xp was gain by turn in?

if this is possible would not this prove disprove that quest had a cap at 11 percent. i focus on this quest because of the vast amount of experience i remember it giving.
Last edited by Buellen; 06-17-2013 at 06:51 PM..
Old 06-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have no idea how to setup a server for this game nor how to modify quest. is it possible to test this quest in its original form ??
Unfortunately almost everything is unavailable to test in its original form. The oldest server in existence is the eqmac server which is planes of power era. All quests, content, and mechanics must be written and tweaked. We do not have their source code, or scripts, etc.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Banned

I always seem to remember in classic-velious leveling alts with CB belts, gnoll teeth, and goblin ears was very viable because they had a fixed rate of xp per turn in. Granted initially like the one dude said it was more than 11% per level then may have fallen to or less than that restriction as the levels increased. However, that shows proof it wasn't an 11% static ordeal for quest turn ins. It seems the way these quests work currently is accurate to what it was like originally, so don't believe a change is necessary in lines of quests.

With the kill xp there was already a change on this server that made a significant impact on PLing a few years ago back before kunark release. I remember PLing use to give even more xp (depending on level distance of mob to killer), i guess i am curious as to what formula was utilized then that was warranted for a fix that doesn't line up with this current proof if this one is so solid?
Old 06-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Ok thanks nilbog

I will see if have time to log into my eqmac account tonight and farm 20 fangs form gnolls

then turn around and do same here on p1999.

maybe this will shine some light on on this discussion.
Old 06-18-2013, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Ok thanks nilbog

I will see if have time to log into my eqmac account tonight and farm 20 fangs form gnolls

then turn around and do same here on p1999.

maybe this will shine some light on on this discussion.
Probably not since Eqmac code is for PoP and not Classic/kunark. EQmac is just a vague reference for trying to change things from classic era.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

I remember starting new hoomie characters and hanging out in west Karana. Some higher lvls would let me loot corrupt guard Bracers. Those indeed would give me over a lvl of experience.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, 4 blues is the awesome exp they said they got.

5 orange per level. 5 blue per orange. = 25 blue per level.
So, you could say each blue = 4%
Max they said they got was 4 blue per turn in (16%). If they are correct, this is decent evidence, but definitely not overwhelming.
I'm getting the impression you didn't click on the first link. The separate quote where the guy claimed to get a full level at around 26 from the quest turn in, but it slowed around 33 or so. All in all, you're right though, it's not overwhelming evidence. Perhaps I'll use my limited skills at this to try to find more.

What evidence are we basing needing an quest experience cap on anyway? It's possible I'm missing something from the first page, but all I could find was this:

Quote:
Hmmmm can't find it but thought I saw quest exp could get to 20% cap.
If that's the only thing, I would say that evidence is significantly underwhelming.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:18 PM
Fire Giant

SWeet

thanks vega that is one quest I can actually test . Ill see if I can go kill the lower level guard a few times and have a alt toon parked close by to loot bracer then run to tower and turn see what expierence I gain.

---------------------------------------

was going to test eqmac with gnoll fangs because if their is a cap on quest XP eqmac should have it since it at later stage i.e. POP.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Default corrupt guard bracer quest.

Ok so finished testing this quest

level 7 druid turned in 4 bracers total died twice to maintain level 7. each an every time 12 precent 3 blue bar of experience.

on a side note my war 38 turned in 3 bracers and only got a measly 1 percent experience per turn in. i maybe wrong but i could have sworn this quest gave decent experience for turning in bracers up to level 40. i dont remember my druid on live receiving only 1 percent per bracer. < druid was about my war level when he hunting these guards>.
Closed Thread