Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I've only been skimming this thread, but it's pretty clear to me that you guys are trying to call Bumamgar out for his guild failing some type of Roll Call? As far as I can see, theres no such rule in the server rules about a roll call, so every single point you make about that, is irrelevant.
You are quite right, there is nothing about the roll call in the server rules, however there are good reasons to follow the player made rules as outlined in my recent post:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=12993

God help the guild that wants the technicalities of the server rules enforced on them..
Old 07-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did not sticky it. Usually I try to stay uninvolved with that drama though.
It is also the only set of raid rules referenced in the Server FAQ in the library.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer View Post
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who are you referring to ? Give examples of GMs enforcing player-made rules. Do it here, or privately to me.
Back when Fish Bait existed, Draco spawned...

Transcendance had first 15, was clearing, and got first engage on draco. IB had second 15. FB had third. Trans was fighting Draco, it was getting close (a wipe may or may not have happened, uncertain), IB was waiting for them to finish one way or another when FB came in, got the kill, looted and scooted. FB had a few members suspended (might've been salty? and someone, uncertain, you'd hafta ask them) and the loot was removed.

A few weeks back, DA / IB were contesting a CT. IB called 50 minutes? on the two golems. IB waited their 50 minutes and managed to get the 2 golems. IB let DA have draco as per rules. IB was finishing up the trash clear when DA ran in on CT, burnt him down, looted and scooted. Apparently CT summon was (is?) only summoning 1 mob every 3 seconds, instead of all at once, making his summon a joke (with 40 players on a 32k hp mob, anyway). DA had loot removed and a few members suspended (I believe Durison was one of them).

A few quick examples for you Nilbog. On a side note: Is the CT summon fixed yet? he's simply not that dangerous in his current form.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Back when Fish Bait existed, Draco spawned...

Transcendance had first 15, was clearing, and got first engage on draco. IB had second 15. FB had third. Trans was fighting Draco, it was getting close (a wipe may or may not have happened, uncertain), IB was waiting for them to finish one way or another when FB came in, got the kill, looted and scooted. FB had a few members suspended (might've been salty? and someone, uncertain, you'd hafta ask them) and the loot was removed.

A few weeks back, DA / IB were contesting a CT. IB called 50 minutes? on the two golems. IB waited their 50 minutes and managed to get the 2 golems. IB let DA have draco as per rules. IB was finishing up the trash clear when DA ran in on CT, burnt him down, looted and scooted. Apparently CT summon was (is?) only summoning 1 mob every 3 seconds, instead of all at once, making his summon a joke (with 40 players on a 32k hp mob, anyway). DA had loot removed and a few members suspended (I believe Durison was one of them).

A few quick examples for you Nilbog. On a side note: Is the CT summon fixed yet? he's simply not that dangerous in his current form.
I believe in both these instances the petitions were handled by Xzerion.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeallunRumblebelly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ server rule.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Quote:
I believe in both these instances the petitions were handled by Xzerion.
Xzerion hasn't been a GM for months.. How could he have handled a petition a couple weeks ago?
Old 07-27-2010, 01:04 AM
Banned

Did anyone post the screenshot of Bumamgar's whole guild getting getting banned from SoD yet?
Old 07-27-2010, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Xzerion hasn't been a GM for months.. How could he have handled a petition a couple weeks ago?
obviously he is a powerful sorcerer and can travel trought time!
Old 07-27-2010, 01:09 AM
VIP / Contributor

The player made rules were agreed on by the guilds who were present when they were made. That said, if another guild doesn't agree to them then that's completely fine. That's what the server rules are there for. I personally find it hard to believe that anyone in the raid scene today does not know about them, but you can also chalk that up to IB's fault I guess for assuming and not checking with WI.

As for today, it wasn't worth the shit-storm that would have ensued with pushing the issue so we just issued the normal warning. They killed it, grats to WI. The only real issue I took with today's happenings was if WI was abiding by the server rules then the raid should have been at the raid target, like the rules say...not at the ledge by fire giants. (Read below before killing me on that one).

If a raiding guild on this server is going to be following the server rules I think that "at the raid target" needs to be more clearly defined. The entire reason these player rules were created was due to perceived gray areas in the server rule set, particularly with where is "the raid target"? Is it a designated pull spot? Is it on the spawn loc? I perceive it to be on the spawn loc, but others feel different, and thus you have a gray area.

Once the camping BS started I thought the easiest thing to do would be to bail on the player rules and go with the server rules again, and I said as much. I don't think you can ever eliminate the possibility of camping in Everquest but at least if your not sitting at a safe spot it will actually require people to play the game more then once every 2-3 days. However, without that clarification as to where a raid has to be in order to lay claim, we are still stuck because every guild will have a different perception of where that is. Hopefully Nilbog's amendment will give some clarification to the entire situation that we are in. But in the meantime I see this as a potential problem unless every guild can agree on where you need to be if the player rules are going to not be followed.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:14 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that "at the raid target" needs to be more clearly defined.
We're gonna clear that up pretty soon.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread