Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotBK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am aware of his position, however it seems by this circumstance human nature took its course and an error was made by your own admission in which he necessarily didn't sign off on the change from the context given.
He doesn't need to sign off on the changes I make. We both have free reign to do what we feel is necessary / right for the server. We converse regarding large decisions or if a change was made that warrants further discussion.

Stop getting off topic.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It makes no sense mechanically or lore-wise to have a mob respawn every 6 hours or 5 days. It's more "realistic" to have adventurers stumble upon a mob when he is already there.

Heck, I'd even be in favor of anti-camping radius, or make mobs spawn when nobody is tracking them.

In my personal opinion, all of us are here because we want to recapture the feeling EverQuest gave us when we first started. However, now we are reduced to sitting in small areas in cramped dungeons watching a timer.
If this is what you want, a more "realistic" approach then how about the hypothetical implementation?

note: all baseline numbers are made up.

VS spawns roughly once a week or so let's say in a given year he will spawn 52 times. We are right now in the first week of march so we have lost 8 weeks/spawns so we're down to 44 weeks/spawns left for the year. 44 * 7 = 308 days left. Randomly distribute his 44 spawns over those 308 days. Some weeks he could not spawn at all and other weeks he may spawn 5x - who knows. That is one solution with the obvious caveat that if there are 20 days left and the year and he still has 5 spawns to go we would have poopsocking again. I'm sure this idea could be tweaked a bit more as well OR maybe it's absolute shit... kind of like the poo about to be overflowing from socks everywhere.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Planar Protector

Do these changes apply to VP dragons? Cause I think we can agree this isn't needed in VP.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If this is what you want, a more "realistic" approach then how about the hypothetical implementation?

note: all baseline numbers are made up.

VS spawns roughly once a week or so let's say in a given year he will spawn 52 times. We are right now in the first week of march so we have lost 8 weeks/spawns so we're down to 44 weeks/spawns left for the year. 44 * 7 = 308 days left. Randomly distribute his 44 spawns over those 308 days. Some weeks he could not spawn at all and other weeks he may spawn 5x - who knows. That is one solution with the obvious caveat that if there are 20 days left and the year and he still has 5 spawns to go we would have poopsocking again. I'm sure this idea could be tweaked a bit more as well OR maybe it's absolute shit... kind of like the poo about to be overflowing from socks everywhere.
I'm just saying there has to be a threshold, at which people just stop poop socking. If Venril Sathir only were guaranteed to spawn one time per month, but could spawn more frequently I suspect people wouldn't sit there the entire time.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahmani [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just saying there has to be a threshold, at which people just stop poop socking. If Venril Sathir only were guaranteed to spawn one time per month, but could spawn more frequently I suspect people wouldn't sit there the entire time.
yeah after thinking about it a little more I realize that my idea isn't all that different than what is currently going on and wouldn't help the situation.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Planar Protector

Crazyeyes: Velious will help a ton, but lets also not forget that a lot of players will come back. I forecast server population hitting 2000 every night for the first month of Velious. It's going to be an amazing clusterfuck. Now after 6 months and things calm down you might be right. But I still think variance is horrible and needs to go, and the only way to get rid of variance without encouraging poopsocking is simultaneous repops.

Deajay: I think your graph is off, doesn't chest call mandatory trakanon poopsocks with 8 hours left in window? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Kagatob: Speaking for myself and my guild, we have kind of the same attitude. We'd like to try to progress through the mobs with low numbers and a lot of charm abuse. I bet we could kill Trakanon with our current force of 15-20 players of average level 58 and like 2 pieces of VP gear. For us, this is way more fun than fighting with 40+ because everyone's contribution is important and you have to actually use strategy. This kind of playstyle is totally impossible on this server as currently set up.

The reason the guilds are so big is that they have to be able to batphone 40 players 24/7 in order to kill these bosses without any sort of strategy because there simply isn't time when the other force is logging in.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason the guilds are so big is that they have to be able to batphone 40 players 24/7 in order to kill these bosses without any sort of strategy because there simply isn't time when the other force is logging in.
FTE in any form is still the root cause of all of this bullshit.

Stop strying to treat the symptoms, heal the actual ailment.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Deajay: I think your graph is off, doesn't chest call mandatory trakanon poopsocks with 8 hours left in window? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Meh, we used to call them. Trak has really turned into a shit show though. BDA has only killed Trak when he's spawned during our juggs raids but even that has caused the competition to get upset. If we are raiding juggs then TMO/FE will have pullers FD under Trak to DA stall long enough to get a raid force logged in, or they'll just have their folks logged in at poop mountain waiting.

Hell, we were raiding juggs while Trak was lowish in window and Zeelott moved his force from the mountain to Trak's spawn point and claimed "15 on spawn" back when that was legal even though we were in the lair.

Point being is that my guild would like to actively play the game and pick off targets along the way instead of logging their best character fully buffed at VS room, or north wall in fear, or poop mountain, ogre island in TD, EJ at the TT zoneline, etc etc in order to instantly mobilize and fight off trains and shitty FTE snipes and shady pulling. This change only benefits guilds with playstyles like TMO and FE that were constructed to mobilize 40+ at any time of the day. Not to mention its awful for anyone grouping if a dragon spawns, OMG SPAWN /q and leave other people hanging.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hell, we were raiding juggs while Trak was lowish in window and Zeelott moved his force from the mountain to Trak's spawn point and claimed "15 on spawn" back when that was legal even though we were in the lair.
I forgot about that gem. What a great display of wanting competition and how skewed the definition of competition has become on this server.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I forgot about that gem. What a great display of wanting competition and how skewed the definition of competition has become on this server.
I want competition too. Racing for targets is pretty fun. I don't think it's fun to do mandatory camp outs fully buffed at targets, but that's what the server has come to. There are times when BDA does it too, but I don't feel that it makes the game enjoyable.

The bottom line is pixels. You can be a zerg or an insufferable collection of people but as long as the pixels are still rolling in you'll be able to find support for the cause. Loot solves all.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Closed Thread