Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't find any VS screenshots in the Alloria stuff I saved.

The EQ Druids write up does help the argument for at least one dropping every time. At this point, I'm on board with 2x each time until a post comes up showing him drop 0-1 stones.

On live, I camped real Fay, but VSR was already introduced by the time I finished the quest.

All this talk of VS's pulsing green stones dropping could get really weird in a roleplay sense.
Make it so. 2 Pulsing Green Stones every kill. The evidence is there in support of this.

From a role playing sense, they are his eyes.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Planar Protector

I remember 2 every kill also. The bottleneck for the druid epic was considered to be Fay much more than VS.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

For what it's worth, I "recall" [that dangerous word] the fay pod always being the bottle neck.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

More evidence:

In each link click on Archive, then the way I broke it up was Nov 2000 (month Druid epic was solved), Dec 2000, Feb 2001: respectively.

http://web.archive.org/web/200104050...erquester.com/

Quote:
Venril Sathir slain. Congratulations to Dalia (Cleric) and Megwedariel (Warrior) on their new greaves! Pulsating Stone to Antoch (Druid) and Taldiyen (Ranger).
Quote:
Venril Sathir slain. Congratulations to Caladel (Paladin) on his new greaves! Pulsating Stones to Sabastion (Druid) and Squido (Ranger).
Quote:
The Knights of Eternal Good have slain Venril Sathir. Congratulations to Longan (Bard) on his new Singing Steel Greaves! Congratulations also to Jerrica (Druid) and Lewick (Ranger) on the Pulsating Stones, Crimen (Wizard) for the Gnarled Staff, and to Bradan (Necromancer) fot his staff.

Quote:
Venril Sathir slain! Congratulations to Fitz and the next rogue to wear Myroklar's Greaves. Gnarled staff to Taxero, two pusling stones to Squido (Ranger) and Iluani (Druid).
Quote:
The Knights of Eternal Good slain Venril Sathir yielding a wizard and enchanter staves as well as two stones.

Quote:
Hey all, Barb here for another big update. Lots of goodness in the land of Norrath. Thanks to Verant mucking up the patch once again there was not 1, not 2, but 3 Venril Sathir spawns and we here at KEG were able to get 2 of them. What kind of ph4t l3wts did we get? Acquired from his being on the first kill was a pair of Cobalt Greaves. Yes, These handsome pair of warrior leggings were sent to Deemoness and Rixus. Grats! Also obtained was a Gnarled Staff and 2 Stones. The staff went to Wizzar, 1 stone went to Qualinos, and the 2nd is TBD I believe. Email me if I am wrong. Onto the 2nd killing, where we ganked(I'm so hardcore!) some Donal's Greaves of Mourning, and Blood Ember Greaves. I have not yet been informed as to who will be doning the Donal's(that so rhymes), the Blood Ember however was given to the guild Noble Blade for them to hand out. As usual a wizard staff and 2 stones were also gotten. Staff to Noble Blade, Stone 1 to Larss and stone 2 to Noble Blade. Thats about all from the barb today, unless I find out something cool happened without me.
Let me leave you now with a quote of the day!
*Drops Mics*

For real. Hot patch this shit
Last edited by Daldaen; 04-03-2014 at 10:55 AM..
Old 04-03-2014, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For real. Hot patch this shit
Old 04-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

2 years of having pulsing stones be a rare/non-guaranteed drop while level 1 rogues and clerics frolick about with epics is unjust. Right this wrong, Lord Rogean and Lady Nilbog. Save the Druids/Rangers, save the world.
Last edited by Daldaen; 04-03-2014 at 12:17 PM..
Old 04-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 years of having pulsing stones be a rare/non-guaranteed drop while level 1 rogues and clerics frolick about with epics is unjust. Right this wrong, Lord Rogean and Lady Nilbog. Save the Druids/Rangers, save the world.
bump for green comments [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Planar Protector

http://web.archive.org/web/200104102...com/index.shtm

March 7, 2001 -- epic patch adding VSR was March 14th

Quote:
DA/SS/EL moved on Venril Sathir after the emergency server patch. It was good of him to drop some worthwhile loots for once. The loots were Gnarled Staff (DA), Blood Ember Greaves (SS) and 2 stones.
There's a reason the VSR drops 2. It's cause VS originally was dropping 2 (since 2 classes use) and they just carried through with that.

Bumps.
Old 04-04-2014, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

http://web.archive.org/web/200104260...uary&year=2001

January, 2001
Quote:
Vs dead - ShadeStorm (1/31/2001 4:22 PM)

Vs dies again. Drops were cleric legs, mage staff, 2 stones
http://web.archive.org/web/200104260...mber&year=2000

December, 2000

Quote:
Vs and trak die again - ShadeStorm (12/19/2000 9:22 PM)

Servers came up and vs was dead in about 20 minutes. We then moved to trak and didnt rush as we were enjoying the dungeon and not moving quickly.

Vs dropped 2 staffs and 2 stones, trak dropped pally, sk and 4 teeth
Quote:
Vs dies again by the alliance - ShadeStorm (12/15/2000 6:26 PM)

loot was cleric legs, ranger legs, wizard staff, 2 stones
Quote:
VSx3 - ShadeStorm (12/8/2000 6:18 PM)

Yesterday he dropped a druid staff, enchanter staff 2 stones.

Today he dropped bard legs necro staff, diamond rod, 2 stones, and after servers came back he dropped pally legs gnarled staff, 2 stones.
http://web.archive.org/web/200104260...mber&year=2000

November, 2000

Quote:
VS dies again - ShadeStorm (11/28/2000 4:03 PM)

Vs dies to the alliance again.

Drops were ranger legs/pally legs 2 stones and a wizard staff.

Grats to Laan on is new legs and finishing the first part of his epic quest!
Quote:
What goes up, must come down - ShadeStorm (11/16/2000 11:57 PM)

As the servers came up, VS went down.

Congrats to tr on bard legs and a gem

Congrats to CC on druid legs

Congrats to EOD on a gem
So yea... 2 stones all day every day. 6 stones in a single day... Wtb that kind of server instability.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Bump for all the offhand epicless rangers out there!!!