Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2017, 08:12 AM
Kobold

because ppl is pretty well geared and they pref duo or trio even king.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Necro will out dps most classes in seb, you just have to be willing to keep a pet charmed. Might be a little challenge if your group isn’t in crypt. And if they are in crypt and don’t want you for dps they’re either bad or don’t need you rolling on their loots. I agree with everyone saying start your own group. There are usually a handful of people sitting around just like yourself looking for an invite.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Isn't there that ghoul who goes right to the front door of CE? You can prolly charm him thru door and then take him to where you need to be.
Old 11-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Kobold

Also note there are too many 60's most groups will usually pick a 60 over a 55, get to 60 first. Besides you'll get better exp duoing or soloing. Try charming in HS, you can level while farming plat too.

I rolled a rog/war so I have a grudge against classes that can solo but choose to sit on their ass LFG or can do cash camps while I have to rely on groups to get my plat.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmuffin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I rolled a rog/war so I have a grudge against classes that can solo but choose to sit on their ass LFG or can do cash camps while I have to rely on groups to get my plat.
Never heard of this kind of group-entitlement before, or is it more of a pet-shaming thing?

How dare a pet class or druid want to group and play/socialize with other players. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2017, 11:50 AM
Banned

I have always had trouble finding groups in Seb on any character. The problem is multifaceted but the net result is you are not going to hardly ever get a group in Seb unless you make one at the door (and honestly most people seem to not want to take this initiative). There are essentially 5 camps +jugs, so if there's more than 20 people in zone its a pretty good chance that all the camps but jugs are taken (Disco/ABC/King/CE/NG).

The Sebelis Problem

1) getting around in Seb is a pain in the ass so groups don't want to deal with getting you to camp. Best case scenario is the groups sends a rog after you to drag your body to the cleric for rez. So basically you need a concerted group effort to even get you to camp. Yikes.

2) XP from 55-60 is about as terrible as it gets. Adding in more people to soak up XP is not attractive. Trio/quad is about as big as any group wants to get from my experience and they all want enchanters.

3) You are competing for group spots against level 60 raid geared characters in a lot of instances, especially King

4) No one wants you taking their precious Kunark grade loot for some reason. P99 is a game where high level characters will monopolize Fine Steel drops from guards and Spectres so I guess this shouldn't surprise me but it still does.

5) When I DO get an XP group in Seb someone inevitably leaves within about 30 minutes and the group falls to sh!t. So sitting there for 20 minutes getting a group going only to have it fall to crap within 1 spawn cycle is a reason why a lot of people don't bother.

As a necro you will have a much better time in HS. Even in HS no one is going to want to group with you but its far easier to get a nice duo/trio going than it is in Seb. Problem with HS is it is dangerous, all the skelitons Harm Touch, the zone-in can(is) instant death more times than not. You need keys to access each wing. Good news is basement is safe and easy to get to once you are inside....That's is if you get lucky enough not to zone-in to 3 simultaneous harmtouches that you have no chance of escaping. messaging people inside the instance is a good idea...also waiting for some sucker to zone in before you and following is a good strat

TLDR - you are not going to get in an XP group in Seb
Last edited by Spyder73; 11-27-2017 at 11:55 AM..
Old 11-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

As a necro you will have a much better time in HS. Even in HS no one is going to want to group with you but its far easier to get a nice duo/trio going than it is in Seb. Problem with HS is it is dangerous, all the skelitons Harm Touch, the zone-in can(is) instant death more times than not. You need keys to access each wing. Good news is basement is safe and easy to get to once you are inside....That's is if you get lucky enough not to zone-in to 3 simultaneous harmtouches that you have no chance of escaping. messaging people inside the instance is a good idea...also waiting for some sucker to zone in before you and following is a good strat
Necro has IVU not sure why one would ever be getting double harm touched while zoning into HS. Mez or pull/root the scorp on the orb and IVU before zoning in. Even if a live mob is up and you move slow as shit you should only be eating 1 HT for ~450 dmg.

Also, if you start running while you're still zoning 95% of the time you will hit the North stairs before any mob aggro's you even if you're not invis. If you wait till the zone is fully loaded to hit the run key it wont work.
Old 11-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrefax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing as 56 necro. Been visiting Old Sebilis routinely for the last 2 or 3 levels and out of all my visits, roughly 10-15, I've only ever managed to get into a group one time.

I've tried seeking groups during both peak and off hours, but the result is always the same: Spam LFG in the zone for an hour or so, then give up and go back to finding somewhere to solo.

Do people not like necros in groups post 55+ or am I missing something else with this zone?
/friend amyas I can bring a 57 druid 55 mage or a 56 shaman I love sebs!
Old 11-27-2017, 12:59 PM
Fire Giant

Also Necros are crazy level under rated for group play. They have good DPS, mana batt back up, 911 spot heals, ect ect
Old 11-27-2017, 01:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clazxiss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Join red and be appreciated as a player, not a body. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
swish please, noone wants to play your dead server
Closed Thread