Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That seems like a really good point, Orruar.
Very well put
Old 01-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'd be a huge mistake to allow Donal's on the server for even a second after Velious launches.
please nerf. I would hate to see immediately trivial content
Old 01-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
weapons advance a decent amount as well, but certainly its all about the HP and resist gear increases.

Velious is just raid heavy. It really is the first raid centric expansion.

Mob hit points were multiplied by as much as 10 times, and their dmg increased quite a bit as well. You just need a lot of good gear to compete.Dolic
What he said. Really hard to solo much in Velious unless you are content to take 10 minutes to kill a normal mob.

Like Raid mobs here have 32k of HP. A lot of Velious raid mobs have 300k HP. But I think it is more fun because mobs don't drop in 45 seconds so you can sort of do what you are SUPPOSE to do class wise in a fight. And pullers life is a little better not having to constantly pull. But EVERYONE will die a lot more trust me. As a Enchanter you had better have a Cleric as your best friend. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2014, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

I remember that necros become useful due to the longer encounters. Can't wait [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 01-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norathorr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of the upper end loot is pretty insane, but the raid mobs in Velious are ALOT harder than those in Kunark. Having said that if you bring enough of the right class it will trivialize most things. I think AoW will be a very good test for even the most decked out guilds though.
So I guess the 77 ppl who tried to push Drushk and wiped won't be able to touch AoW until there's about the whole server then, amirite? heuheuhueh

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 01-16-2014, 11:28 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Avatar of War is first and foremost, a test of keeping a warrior alive. If that warrior isn't damn near decked out in velious armor, he will be one rounded by a flurry (and AoW flurries a LOT).

After that it's just a matter of endurance (Cleric Mana) vs dps.

Edit: Oh, and killing before you run out of geared warriors with defensive disc lolol

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Last edited by Rogean; 01-16-2014 at 11:33 AM..
Old 01-16-2014, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOONDOGGLE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Recently I was looking at some of the Velious loot and it seemed really, really overpowered.
A lot of stuff in ToV and Kael got upgraded after about 6 months of Velious.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=106708

huehuehue
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Yea Donal BP needs to be nerfed into 1 hit buff blocker mode before Velious releases. Otherwise certain pure melee style fights will be much easier.

What Orruar said is very true. However with Kunark/Velious gear AoW will still be 1 rounding tanks I think. But with the amount of players who use instant clicky aggro and the depth of geared warriors at this point in time, I think getting a new tank up will be much easier than it was back them.

I think raid mobs need simulated LDs though. 2-3 minute long stuns on people randomly throughout the fight to simulate bad connections back in the day. Make the amount of players stunned scale with the people on hate list (worst computer people would regularly crash because of 60+ man raids etc.). To bring the challenge more in line with classic.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:53 AM
Sarnak

You go from 32k HP mobs that hit for 200 and get roflstomped in 30 seconds to mobs that can do 6k+ damage in one round and have 10x to 25x more HP. If I remember right, AoW had somewhere around 800,000 to 900,000 HP.
Last edited by Confit; 01-16-2014 at 11:59 AM..
Old 01-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Avatar of War is first and foremost, a test of keeping a warrior alive. If that warrior isn't damn near decked out in velious armor, he will be one rounded by a flurry (and AoW flurries a LOT).

After that it's just a matter of endurance (Cleric Mana) vs dps.

Edit: Oh, and killing before you run out of geared warriors with defensive disc lolol
Well, can't wait for you to give us a sample Lord Rogean.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Closed Thread