Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I prefer typing and reading to listening and speaking, thanks classic everquest
Not to mention it's hard to blast stuff from the "What are you listening to?" thread if you need to be able to hear what people say in vent, to say nothing of pissing all your friends off when you open your mic with music going.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention it's hard to blast stuff from the "What are you listening to?" thread if you need to be able to hear what people say in vent, to say nothing of pissing all your friends off when you open your mic with music going.
oh so true, i 100% played live with headphones on to my cd player. Not so much now but i like being able to watch/listen to my tv in the background when theres a lull in the pulls/in between spawns etc.

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 06-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Nothing ruins immersion more than a troll that sounds like Sheldon Cooper.

That is... after you get everybody's voices straight. It's much easier to tell who said what and when and to whom through chat.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Sarnak

I hate voice chat. I don't want to hear a bunch of nerdy voices while I am trying to be immersed in a world. And then you've got all the people who don't know how to operate the program, and are either blaringly loud or so quiet you don't even know they're talking - which ruins it even more.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doing this while playing counter-strike years ago elicited the most hilarious reactions I have ever heard in my entire life. In my.entire.life.

Seriously, do it with some garbage like "Barbie Girl" or the main Lion King theme. People are really efficient at muting you nowadays but you might still get a few people threatening to come to your house and murder you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

I've always watched TV or listened to music while raiding. Being in a voice chat with 50 other people is just stupid. It's either 30 people all talking at once or RL telling everyone to STFU and gives strats then its just silence til someone needs something since we cant talk during raids. Vent and TS are a no go for me.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel Mibson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I for one, still refuse to use TS/Ventrilo and it's a shame that ALL raiding guilds require this in order to be considered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vent and TS are a no go for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't and never intend to use any voice system.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Aviak

Better go back to 28.8 dialup and the video cards back in 1999, else it's ruining my immersion!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gel Mibson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's be real, ventrilo and teamspeak have changed the game...for the worse imo.

From Classic til when I quit in LDoN, my guild and I believe all of the guilds on the server never used TS/Ventrilo. The game was much more fun having to type shit and play at the same time, even when raiding...making it more strategic and actually making raids more cohesive.

I for one, still refuse to use TS/Ventrilo and it's a shame that ALL raiding guilds require this in order to be considered. This shit ain't classic and I am still against using this as a medium to communicate to people.

Lets make the stand and fight technological advancements that have actually removed a critical and nostalgic aspect that we used to have in EQ back in the day.
Admittedly, it certainly makes things more convenient - however up to a point. In a small group of people or with a friend, it's far more efficient and comfortable to do even the most mundane things in the game.

As for raiding, as difficult as it was to communicate with text in a one hundred man raid, it did require a level of determination and tolerance.
Over voice comms, it's worse. Most guilds are comprised of douche bag elitist leaders with annoying sheep followers. The former bark orders while the latter show constant disrespect with stupid and ill timed jokes and farting noises. And when the subject of another guild arises, it's constant bash this and bash that. The drama is unnerving.

Just remember though, we used to talk to people over the telephone in conference calls during EQ Raids, so voice communications is still classic!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So hard to mangina with vent....SIGH!
As someone who, as a 16-17 year old lad, fell victim to quite a few manginas in the era pre-voice comm, I can't say I miss those days.

Back then all you had to do was type like this! hee hee! =)
Closed Thread