Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, can I get a high res version of that Kerra Isle pic please?
Made it a little better looking too. Here ya go:
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4...ewallpaper.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatMagic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aw comon keep with it!! And then make a 2nd trailer later with "actual gameplay" (Which would be vastly easier, and probably done in half the time)... don't let the masses kill it. It's your idea, run with it!
Thanks for the encouraging words. I've been thinking about it and I will finish it. I only have 2 scenes left to do.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made it a little better looking too. Here ya go:
http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/4...ewallpaper.jpg
Beautiful, thanks.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Very cool Xevin! I apologize I did not stumble upon this sooner, I got swamped with real life and did not check the forums in several weeks at least.

I love the idea of an EQ/P99 cinematic trailer. When I first began working on my images, I was envisioning slow cinematic camera moves just as you described, with a very Planet Earth quality. Planet Norrath! I just did not have the time to transform the stills to video.

If you still want the Highkeep file, I would be happy to hand it over to you. Just know that it is in 3D Studio Max format and is using VRay v2.0 for rendering. I am also doing a lot of post work on it in After Effects CS5. Of course I could always just give you the geometry and textures regardless of the application you are using. PM me and I can zip it up for you, if you think it will be usable.

Anyway, any more updates on your video?

Just some side notes:
-I always wanted to do an EC tunnel or EC inn shot as well. I love the dawn colors of the zone, with the sun just peeking over the sand dunes and rays of light cutting through the fog.

-A slightly different twist that's fun to think about is to go COMPLETELY Planet Earth style and concentrate entirely on the epic, grand scale of the wilderness. Imagine what East Commonlands or perhaps one of the Karana bridges could look like from above as if you were floating by in a hot air balloon. Or imagine the kind of shots you could get by flying a helicopter through Rathe Mountains or Lake Rathe. Maybe even incorporate some Hill Giants and shoot it like one of those establishing shots of Jurassic Park!

Anyway, I'm really hoping I can jump back into some EQ projects soon. Maybe I'll give some more of this stuff a shot, but I also have some character animation in mind that I want to play around with. We'll see though!

Great work here, I look forward to an update!
Old 01-30-2011, 05:24 PM
Aviak

I figured you got busy too. I know how that goes. I've been thinking about completing this little project for a while now.

I'm using 3ds Max with finalRender and After Effects CS5, so I should have no trouble using your project files. =) I'll send you a PM about this.

If you send me the Highkeep scene, I only have the EC tunnel to do, but its the hardest one to do. I wanted to have people running around and casting spells, the spells wouldn't be too hard, but the animation would be tricky. I think I would have to rig the in-game models which would take a while and I'm not that experienced with it (I've only done it twice).

Recently I've been thinking of changing things up from the original plan. As you can see most people didn't like that version of the theme I made, so I've spent the last few weeks restoring the original music to the best state I could (http://www.4shared.com/playlist/NMVg...oundtrack.html) and I think I want to take a few of the most popular songs and mix them together and make a kind of "Journey Through Norrath" type of video to go along with it. I just watched a bit of an episode of Planet Earth and WOW I'm going to watch the rest of that, but I see what you are saying and I like this alot. It would rely on exporting the entire zone with textures into 3ds max like you were trying to do. Did you ever accomplish that?

I think it will also need rigging and animating a few key mobs and players/npcs. All the shots I have so far are completely dead. I was hoping to hide it with the camera moves and environmental effects, but if there are many more scenes like that, I think people will start to get suspicious.

I really like your idea for a Rathe Mountains shot. I always loved the visual grandeur of Jurassic Park and I can completely picture that shot in my head.

I'm going to play with these ideas a little bit and maybe get a new plan for this.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarniwooop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a great idea, but tough to compete with this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_b9n76F5KQ

Even though this one shows content up through PoP.
uve never seen this one obv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="1280" height="750" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vQCokG4Hrzk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>
Old 01-30-2011, 05:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just some side notes:
-I always wanted to do an EC tunnel or EC inn shot as well. I love the dawn colors of the zone, with the sun just peeking over the sand dunes and rays of light cutting through the fog.

-A slightly different twist that's fun to think about is to go COMPLETELY Planet Earth style and concentrate entirely on the epic, grand scale of the wilderness. Imagine what East Commonlands or perhaps one of the Karana bridges could look like from above as if you were floating by in a hot air balloon. Or imagine the kind of shots you could get by flying a helicopter through Rathe Mountains or Lake Rathe.
I can show you what it would look like. While the beta server is up, this would be even easier.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

soo.. is this done yet? i wanna see it already [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Asher
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 AM
Sarnak

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dIFMBdKiPB0" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

I always prefered Neriak's music over Kelethin's..