Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's what I like to hear! What kind of rendering do you do?
it's a compile whore now. in college i used to live in a house with a couple other high geeks and we threw it together because we had this idea for an ecommerce site that never took off. I dunno, I'm pretty geeky, but I like using my geekery to make money.

for example I surveyed springfield missouri and plotted markers via gps where every open wifi node in the city was (Wardriving), and dropped a card with my number, the risks of an unsecured network on it on their door, and the offer to fix it for a fee. i made money off of around 60% of the cards i dropped. the rest i only assume either figured out how on their own, or called geek squad.
Last edited by Desert; 04-29-2011 at 03:32 PM..
Old 04-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

My Windows Media Center wasn't good enough. I had to create a mythtv backend server (one of two leftover Xeon Quadcore IBM xSystems) with multiple frontends so we can watch our downloaded tv shows throughout the house. Of course, we don't have cable tv, just cable internet. When I scrounge up some cash, I'll put another couple of hard drives into the backend and setup a software snapshot raid such as FlexRaid. It only has a single 2TB drive atm.

After that, I'll use the other server for a VMware Vsphere 4 server for training purposes. Cisco and VMware, its where the money is at in IT.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lode Runner ftw!
Bard's Tale, all the Infocom games, etc. Loved my C64.
Old 04-30-2011, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

M.U.L.E., Adventure Construction Set, Starflight, and Wasteland (precursor to the Fallout series) FTW! They're coming out with a modern-day version of the Commodore 64... someone else can post the link... i'm on my phone. Which ironically probably has 1000x the computing power of an old C64.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 04-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also, I have boobs. That's where all my e-cred comes from.
~~~~~~~~~~
Old 04-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
M.U.L.E., Adventure Construction Set, Starflight, and Wasteland (precursor to the Fallout series) FTW! They're coming out with a modern-day version of the Commodore 64... someone else can post the link... i'm on my phone. Which ironically probably has 1000x the computing power of an old C64.
http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64.aspx
Closed Thread