Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 01:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteberry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm Sorry your Misinformed.... Hes not dead, hes still alive in the hospital ( Inside sources ) but listed as Critical condition
Dude he died a few hours after the murders. He shot himself in the car he rented.

He was taken to a hospital in critical condition but died.

Or are you not talking about Vester Flanagan?
Old 08-30-2015, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatelore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I agree. I say we all should just use pellet guns. They have exeptionally low recoil and fit well in cargo shorts.
you know, investigating further it is unclear how extensively Cho may have only used his Glock 19 in reaching the high score. He was carrying a .22 as well but the glock seems to be the primary based on the very thin documentation in this venue. The best I have is a mention on wikipedia that he used the Glock 19 exclusively which seems not to be confirmed by the sources cited.

I'm having trouble finding any breakdown of what weapon was used per-victim to see how much the .22 contributed. For some reason I was under the impression he carried two .22 pistols this whole time and was able to reach the high score that way, but my world has been flipped upside-down.

Requesting that the next red99 breakdown rampage perpetrator use .22lr exclusively so we can assess how practical the caliber is for slaughtering humans.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:41 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatelore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But why chance it? Be a man and carry 357 mag or 45 like me =p
Because first hand experience with military and law enforcement has shown no difference in stopping power between a 45 and a 9. That's why both are moving away from 40/45 and towards 9.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 08-30-2015, 05:09 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because first hand experience with military and law enforcement has shown no difference in stopping power between a 45 and a 9. That's why both are moving away from 40/45 and towards 9.
Except the military has finally realized it was a mistake and is going back to .45 mm, at least in SOF units.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rogean... I appreciate all you have done with this awesome server, for that alone I fucking love you. But...

That above comment could not be farther from the truth, and any amount of minuscule research on your part would show you that.

First off lets start with the Military. The Military, does what it can to buy in bulk and save money. Look at their current side arm issued to the Military. It is a pos and anyone in the service will tell you the same. But there is a reason they still use it: cost. They also want to stay in line with Nato so they stick to 9 mm. Since most side pieces in Nato are chambered in 9×19mm Parabellum round.

Now lets look at the major fundamental difference between the military and Police forces. American military personnel are trained to suppress followed by ambush attacks. Suppress your aggressor with suppression fire, and follow up with ambush tactics.

Police forces are taught much different then that. Unload until your aggressor is no longer a threat. Usually in 3 shot bursts, 2 to the torso one to the head.

Now lets look at where that plays into police forces and Military forces going more towards the 9×19mm Parabellum round over the 45 acp or 357 magnum load.

Military forces: Cost trumps all, followed by Nato standardization.
Police forces: More ammunition per magazine resulting in a better chance to eliminate your threat. 19 compared to 8 is a big difference in bullet capacity. But note that, most of your old school cops with experience still trust there 8 shot 1911 auto over a noobie cops Glock. There is a reason for that level of trust, 1911 in 45 acp is a proven winner.

The 9×19mm Parabellum is a higher velocity than normal round which grants better armor penetration.

The 357 and 45 carry a lot more kinetic energy behind them resulting in a much more substantial amount of stopping power and more expansion resulting in a larger created wound cavity.

When figuring in Kinetic Energy, here is a look at some figures so you can see the difference. The 357 greatly prevails over 45 or 9mm, but as a revolver round, you are limited on capacity, but not reliability.

•.357 Mag, 158 gr. XTP at 1250 fps MV: 548 ft. lbs. ME, 464 ft. lbs. at 50 yards, 404 ft. lbs. at 100 yards, 327 ft. lbs. at 200 yards

•.357 Mag, 180 gr. XTP at 1150 fps MV: 528 ft. lbs. ME, 466 ft. lbs. at 50 yards, 420 ft. lbs. at 100 yards, 354 ft. lbs. at 200 yards

•9x19mm, 147 gr. XTP at 1000 fps MV: 326 ft. lbs. ME, 298 ft. lbs. at 50 yards, 275 ft. lbs. at 100 yards, 238 ft. lbs. at 200 yards

•.45 ACP, 230 gr. XTP at 850 fps MV: 369 ft. lbs. ME, 342 ft. lbs. at 50 yards, 318 ft. lbs. at 100 yards, 277 ft. lbs. at 200 yards

I'd take a good revolver chambered in 357 magnum or a well made 1911 in 45 acp over a spray and pray glock, any day of the week.

But that's just me. Any gun, is better than no gun. Even a cheap RG 22 revolver.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:28 AM
Fire Giant

P.s

I love what you have done with the server, p1999 is the best!!1110ne Don't taze me bro~

(Also, I forgot to mention that there are larger capacity mags for 45 than 7, I was just referring to your standard 1911 mag.)
Last edited by hatelore; 08-30-2015 at 05:56 AM..
Old 08-30-2015, 05:33 AM
Fire Giant

Also I will say though that 40 caliber is a shit round. It has too much recoil, sometimes noticeably more than a 45 ( I know this from first hand experience owning both 40 and 45 autos), with less stopping power than a 45 round. If I had to choose, I would actually use 9mm over a 40 caliber handgun. The recoil produced from a 40 is not worth the small amount of gained stopping power over a 9mm cartridge.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:44 PM
Banned

You guys realize you're talking about bullets and guns and shit in a thread about a guy shooting a coworker? Yikes
Old 08-30-2015, 03:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys realize you're talking about bullets and guns and shit in a thread about a guy shooting a coworker? Yikes
Theyre discussing stopping power and the effect it has on a person upon impact. Its completely relevant and quality knowledge to take into consideration when forming an opinion on the video.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it... trigger you?
Closed Thread