Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

My shaman has neither epic nor JBB and had no problems leveling. It's quite nice but it's more or less just a tool for leveling faster. It also adds some good utility at 60 when soloing. I do cry when I see shamans chain clicking their JBB in groups where their time is better spent slowing, healing, buffing, canni-ing and meddling.

Even in a duo I'd wager you'd do faster over time just by playing the support game with a hasted max summon dog pet. I parsed the level 49 pet at max summon, stat buffed, and 40% alacrity around 15-20 dps in Karnors.

I could have afforded a JBB, but i prioritized an ikky regen bp and saving for a fungi over buying one.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-29-2015, 07:04 AM
Kobold

I got one for free (YAY) yesterday, and since my shammy is mainly wearing banded with a few cheap WIS items at lv39, the AC alone is worth a lot to me. I look forward to some very decent mana-free nukes in a few levels!
Old 10-29-2015, 09:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got one for free (YAY) yesterday...
This sounds suspicious.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 AM
Sarnak

No doubt
Old 10-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

I would consider it useful in certain situations, as others have said. When I leveled my twink shammy it was an extremely useful tool to finish off mobs when you have 6+ root/rotting and didn't want to cast another root/epic click. Also extremely useful against higher level summoning mobs as Triangle (Svenn I believe?) has stated. It won't make or break your shaman, really more of a convenience tool than anything else, especially before torpor makes your high mana costs DoTs more worthwhile.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triangle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The idea in the end is that all of your mana goes toward slowing mob and healing yourself while all of your dps is free.
I did some math once and I believe I came out agreeing with Daldaen that Bane/Pox/Canni was a better use of time than the JBB. However, the problem is torpor doesn't stack! So if you are just barely keeping yourself alive, the JBB seemed like a win.

TLDR: +1
Old 10-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Thank you very much for the information.

I believe I am now able to make an informed decision.

hugs all round. <3
Old 11-02-2015, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624

still nice at 60 when

1. you need a mob to die
2. it will make your dots require one less tick to finish off a mob

if 1 is true and 2 is false, i just ice strike
Old 11-02-2015, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Since 52ish I really only use JBB to finish off merbs when my dots have faded and its not mana efficient to re-apply (since mob is so low HP). Or if I am main heals in a group and want to add a little extra DPS without burning mana.

Granted, I'm not level 60..... but, IMO, the higher level you get, the less useful JBB becomes, and I only find it useful now to finish low HP merbs off. With that said, I still dont bag the thing, its always ready.

JBB is pretty damn sweet though when you get it at 45 though.
Closed Thread