Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 PM
Large Bat

Default Does Nobody Check the IP Exemptions Anymore?

I know the Devs don't get paid, so please don't misunderstand; I am not complaining by any means what-so-ever. I really appreciate all that they do, considering they don't have to run the game at all. It makes me really happy to see the population of dedicated and nostalgic players just like me.

Anyway, I requested an IP Exemption a while back because my father is on vacation from work and I'm home from college, so I figured it was a good time for us to play together. However, the window of opportunity is quickly fading. I'm not making this thread to ask for an Exemption. I know that's to be done in the IP Exemption thread as a sub-thread. I just want to know if the Devs still check or if I should hold out hope that we'll get to play with each other before he goes back to work and I go back to school (when we won't have time anymore).

Thank you sincerely,

Riptar
Old 07-24-2016, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

Done in batches, don't bump your petition. Welcome.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:35 PM
Planar Protector

They just did a bunch like last week. Guide posted in another bitching thread. Have you checked your petition to see if they posted anything asking for more info? Have you check to see if you have the exemption already?
Old 07-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Large Bat

I have checked, and they have not. At least, not yet. But, regardless, I just wanted to know how the system worked. I wasn't bumping, at least, not intentionally. Thank you for giving me a concise answer.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:28 AM
Banned

If you bump your thread it goes to the bottom of the pile - so intentional or not - it sounds like you may be your own worst enemy in this matter
Old 07-25-2016, 01:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

good to know, I made this mistake I think. Hopefully they are forgiving, not touching my request anymore. I didnt know any better.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Orc

Is quite ridiculous stunting server growth...
Old 07-25-2016, 04:16 PM
Sarnak

20 days since I've requested mine.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by emj503 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is quite ridiculous stunting server growth...
You said this in the post you also made complaining about exemptions, which highlights your misunderstanding of the server staff. Nilbog has said before that he doesn't reaply care of anyone plays on this server, he does this as a hobby. While I'm sure no one wants a dead server, p99 isn't some company that is making money off each new player who joins - in fact, more players probably just drives up cost in the long run.

P99 has seen fairly steady growth since it was created, and I can assure you anyone complaining to an unpaid staff about not processing their request in 2-3 days is not the type of growth we want anyway. Settle down, enjoy eq, and your shit will get fixed when the server staff has time.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptardomintor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know the Devs don't get paid, so please don't misunderstand; I am not complaining by any means what-so-ever. I really appreciate all that they do, considering they don't have to run the game at all. It makes me really happy to see the population of dedicated and nostalgic players just like me.

Anyway, I requested an IP Exemption a while back because my father is on vacation from work and I'm home from college, so I figured it was a good time for us to play together. However, the window of opportunity is quickly fading. I'm not making this thread to ask for an Exemption. I know that's to be done in the IP Exemption thread as a sub-thread. I just want to know if the Devs still check or if I should hold out hope that we'll get to play with each other before he goes back to work and I go back to school (when we won't have time anymore).

Thank you sincerely,

Riptar

Dev's don't check anything, they rely on a volunteer who goes by the name of Sirken to handle stuff like this....they need to recruit new volunteers from the community in my opinion...he may have the best intentions but his interest in policing us seems to have waned...it's understandable we're all up to no good and it's a thankless task heh
Closed Thread