Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
denied
About sums it up.

Server first Golden Sash of WTFPWN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Unlike modern life, natural selection is alive and well on p99. Adapt or die.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozst [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I for one dont really have the time anymore to sink 2 hours into finding a good group in kunark, and then spending 6-8 hours to make that group worth it.
Then there's plenty of other games you can play that require less time. Like tiddly-winks.

"Life's short and hard like a body building elf."
Old 04-06-2011, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to toddfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think of all of the boring camps that would be perma-locked. You could drop your 2nd box on the AC spawn point, and lock it up forever. You wouldn't do this if you only had 1 box, because you aren't really playing the game, and that would get boring. But you could plop a 50 mage on it, and never move.

Or the Bilge spawn. Or one of the VP key mobs. Or any greenie named camp. You get the idea.
This.

Aside from it being the wishes of the devs, this is the best argument against two-boxing i've seen yet. It would be impossible to compete against, essentially making boxing a REQUIREMENT to hold any rare camps. That would be pretty ridiculous, considering all the poop socking an that already goes on.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

Has a way to search the forums for topics that have been done to death ever been proposed/considered?

Oh wait.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has a way to search the forums for topics that have been done to death ever been proposed/considered?

Oh wait.
But I'm lazy. I don't want to do any work for myself, so I'll take less than a minute to make a post and let other people do the work of rehashing the arguments.

Honestly, the best way to deal with these sorts of things is to troll them, not give any real answers and force them to use search and do research on their own, if they really want to answer. Anyone taking the time to explain the situation (AGAIN) is really not helping.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

I agree =) next time someone asks for boxing options, just tell him that boxing is already available, and to activate it, he needs to flash his Mb bios with version from 2003 =)
Old 04-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Aviak

Ok, lets take a look at this.

1. I searched the forums for boxing and found 100 rants and flames arguements and other random bullshit, nothing in sight anywhere near what i was asking.

2. 30% of people are retarded on this post, im not talking about allowing boxing on p99, but making a secondary server with a max of 2-3 per person for people like me, which would obviously have a lot less population because most people would (obviously from the flames in this post) play on p99 where boxing is not allowed (but happens all the time).

3. yes there are other server that allow boxing, thanks for this obvious comment, im very aware. but none of them are as perfected as p99.

4. it was a question, to the people flaming this.... youre a bunch of morons. Thanks for the devs for answering my question btw.

5. play solo classes? thanks for the suggestion but ive done that, on live and p99, and most solo classes are not wanted in groups therefore i cant get anything done alone aside from level, and im also not wanted anymore.

all in all it seems i would have to pay to play on the sony server to get what im after, even tho i would rather not because p99 is a much better server.
Thanks for creating such a rockin server guys, but i just dont have the playtime anymore to enjoy playing 10 hours a day to get things done on a character...

safe travels and happy loot farming everyone...

and to those who are predictable... flame away like idiots i guess [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Kobold

Sorry, but after so many threads about allowing boxing on P99, anything that says "boxing" and even something remotely like "allowing" is going to be read as "I WANT TO BE ABLE TO 2BOX ON P99!" That is just the way it is.

As far as making a new server, you have to make it explicitly clear what you are asking. Only your last sentence even hinted that you were talking about a totally separate server. Your original intention was not clear, so we assumed you were asking what the other million people were asking.

So what you are asking for (if I understand correctly) is for the devs to make a totally separate server exactly like P99 but allow 2boxing so that you could play as you want since (for whatever reason) your play time is not high enough to get much enjoyment out of "normal" P99.

In essence, you are asking the devs to double their workload (which they are already not being paid for) just so you would get the type of server you want and would fit your personal situation. My thoughts are the following:

1. Would it be worth doubling the devs workload?

2. Would it really be as awesome as you think? Wouldn't EVERYONE ELSE 2box and take all the camps? So wouldn't you really just be in the same position anyway?

3. Finally, why are you asking the devs to change THEIR game to suit YOUR wants and needs?

Just my thoughts. Take them with a grain of salt.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Daldaen, your argument(?) makes no sense. Completely unrelated topics.
I thought he had a point. To me, boxing, RMT and selling accounts are evils spawned by classic EverQuest. They're related in their undesirability.

A quick Google search reveals a black market in real-world cash for P1999 plat. It looks like accounts are being sold to convert the plat to cash, and/or bought with purchased plat. Some of the major traders look a lot like RMT businesses and probably are. We see the inflationary effects on the server.

But I'm sure you're well aware of this. You've probably decided the status quo is acceptable. And really, this is how it was in classic anyway (RMT evolved during EverQuest's heyday). I'm sure the server is full of the kind of losers who think buying plat is necessary.

You're doing an amazing job with everything. Don't get me wrong.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Aviak

it was a question whether it would be considered, i wasnt demanding this or something, calm the hell down. and the title of the thread specifically says "second boxing server"
Closed Thread