Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Drop Rates for Ruined and Quality Pelts

I have noticed, at least in the Qeynos Hills/West Karana area, the frequency of quality pelts versus ruined pelts from wolves, bears, and lions is far, far too high compared to what I remember from classic. This has very negative implications to a young character training tailoring and, I would imagine, to the market for quality pelts.

For example, this is just from memory, but on a druid I recently created in the area, I looted roughly 16 pelts. Two of these were ruined. From what I recall from classic, it would be more like 14 ruined pelts and 2 quality.

I understand this is a very small sample and entirely possible within the scope of randomness, but it just seemed too consistent that I would receive a quality pelt. I would not be surprised if something were amiss in the drop percentages.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Aviak

Although I profited from this issue, I too agree... The drop rates for quality pelts off of even polar bear cubs seemed rather high in everfrost. Amusingly enough, it was rather difficult to find the ruined pelts to work up tailoring due to this. :P Then again, I have no solid proof for this issue one way or the other, so until it changes I'll just enjoy the profits.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morndenkainen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amusingly enough, it was rather difficult to find the ruined pelts to work up tailoring due to this.
If you've bothered to turn rusty weapons into tarnished weapons, you'll be able to make a skinning knife easily enough, which makes this situation better for starting tailors.
Old 07-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Project Manager

You should notice some differences with the pelts now. Ruined ones will drop commonly, low quality will be uncommon, medium, and high quality will be the most rare.

Let me know how it works out.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should notice some differences with the pelts now. Ruined ones will drop commonly, low quality will be uncommon, medium, and high quality will be the most rare.

Let me know how it works out.
I've been hunting a lot of pumas in Steamfont lately. I can't tell you exactly what I got, but i'm pretty sure about one thing : ruined cat pelt are a very rare drop of those pumas (i'm not even sure I got at least one).

And i'm pretty sure i'm not the only one. At the windmills in Steamfont, the merchants are sometimes selling MQ, LQ pelts sold by players. I've never seen any ruined cat pelt there.

I didn't hunt puma anywhere else, so i don't know if it's just Steamfont's pumas.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:29 PM
VIP / Contributor

Nice catch.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Large Bat

This is certainly not a global problem, as I have seen very rare drops on quality pelts.
Closed Thread