Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind
Default Plane of Growth: Tunare Challenge!

If anyone remembers the Tunare encounter in Growth feel free to pipe up. In the first bit of Velious the encounter was changed numerous times. For posterity, we'd like to collect as many as possible. I was non-kos in POG and roamed around a lot and played with Tunare quite a bit with gate.

1) Tunare, the 1 HP wonder...without loot
2) Tunare, the 1 HP wonder...with loot and a 10 minute respawn timer.
3) Tunare the Frightened! Would despawn if aggro'd and any mobs were left alive, then respawn when they were all dead, then despawn when the POG's spawned, and respawn with full health when they died again.
4) Tunare the Battle Maiden. No despawn at all, fight her in her tree, until everything in the zone warps on top of you.
5) Tunare, with 150% more zerg. Aggros with POGs, which aggros rest of zone. CHAARGE!
6) Tunare the Timid. Despawns when aggro'd and respawns outside the tree. Then respawns again instantly back in the treet.
7) Tiny Tunare. Shrunk to size of POM puppet, now immune to everything.
8) Tunare the Schizophrenic. When hailed, shouted about 'UNKNOWN ENTITY TYPE', despawned in the tree and spawned outside, then respawned in the tree leaving the ability to have dozens of copies outside.
9) Tunare the Cruel. Upon summoning her bear pet, she would immediately, turn, punch and kill the bear, then resummon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

10) Tunare, the kind: summons cucumbers to zone and showers him in loots
Old 10-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10) Tunare, the kinky: summons cucumbers to zone and showers

awwwww yeeeeeah
Old 10-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Banned

Ugg forgot about tunare complexity and logistics

Bear puncher sounds like a real cunt.

Raid tunare had all mini bosses agro if they were up and those mini bosses would have all their minion types assist is all I can contribute, if I recall correctly..
Old 10-23-2013, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

i remember number 4 with such fond memories lol
Old 10-23-2013, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

The early fights I recall we could pull Tunare anywhere in the zone and she had that serious knockback going on, so we pulled her in that castle over on the south wall by the lake after clearing the rest of the zone. Didn't go so well, but was fun seeing 60 wolves attack her (they had the druids cast share wolf form as their contribution for the fight).

Later, post Luclin, we killed her in her rooted form out on the battlefield with ogre/troll walls to stop the knockback.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Planar Protector

What about Tunare's Itemization? Using timeline or from Day Zero?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...7&postcount=23
Old 10-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

This is so foreign to me as I was a scrub in Velious era, was this like a constantly re-patched Tunare that changed at the whim of EQLive-devs or was it designed so that you never knew which one you were gonna get?

I've read a bit about PoG on the forums, and while I recall the special resist flowers, Kael (my favorite velious zone with Velks) etc etc, I never got to see any of this kind of stuff. So can anyone tell me, what was the deal? From an outside point of view, recreating such a 'fantastical' zone must be quite a ridiculous undertaking.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is so foreign to me as I was a scrub in Velious era, was this like a constantly re-patched Tunare that changed at the whim of EQLive-devs or was it designed so that you never knew which one you were gonna get?

I've read a bit about PoG on the forums, and while I recall the special resist flowers, Kael (my favorite velious zone with Velks) etc etc, I never got to see any of this kind of stuff. So can anyone tell me, what was the deal? From an outside point of view, recreating such a 'fantastical' zone must be quite a ridiculous undertaking.
Resist flowers were plane of mischief. Thats the zone they probably having the most issues remaking.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Resist flowers were plane of mischief. Thats the zone they probably having the most issues remaking.
Oh yea, like I said foreign.

Was that one released on launch and was PoG like a straightforward zone like PoF PoH PoS type of things? Tank n spank, keys and triggers.

Also curious. How well will the TMO 24/7 tracking model transition into Velious?