Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Banned

Default Gear and playtime don't give an advantage.

To skilled players.

Or well established guilds?

wut?

please explain?

Y'all know its pretty hard to establish a guild when its easier to just join an established opposition.

Nah nah, Nune, and Thulak, u guys are smart and top dawgs over here. But your logic is a tad bit flawed.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Planar Protector

Playtime is the only way to get an advantage in EQ.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:56 PM
Orc

Well, smart playtime.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

If you have 50 people with average gear that can mobilize quicker then 30 people with uber gear the 50 will win. Having numbers and being able to mobilize even with not high end gear can yeild you raid kills. Doesnt take VP gear to kill any raid mobs(only excemption might be main tank but a smart guild feeds their tanks gear first). High playtimes and gear as you put it really have nothing to do with that when it only takes 1 person to send out a batphone. Also you never even mentioned the skill of the player. I see alot of dumbasses with great gear that don't know how to play their class right.

and on a side note why does everyone forget the c in my name? i mean people all the time call me thulak. what gives?
Last edited by Thulack; 10-28-2013 at 06:01 PM..
Old 10-28-2013, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you have 50 people with average gear that can mobilize quicker then 30 people with uber gear the 50 will win. Having numbers and being able to mobilize even with not high end gear can yeild you raid kills. Doesnt take VP gear to kill any raid mobs(only excemption might be main tank but a smart guild feeds their tanks gear first). High playtimes and gear as you put it really have nothing to do with that when it only takes 1 person to send out a batphone. Also you never even mentioned the skill of the player. I see alot of dumbasses with great gear that don't know how to play their class right.
Agreed, but not many of these awesome underdog guilds around atm namean?

People just camp at the raid targets on zergs from what I read in RnF these days. Heard TMO wiped to a dragon even.

Seems like a few well geared players just invite all they can and batphone away. *DKP grinding for the total wins. Mad skill.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

I don't really see gear/levels as a huge advantage. Kunark simply isn't that hard: TR was killing most of the Kunark dragons with 25 people, and that was before epics/vp gear. Now everyone certainly needs their resist sets and potions and such, but those aren't really that expensive.

Playtime is a huge advantage under the current (variance) rules, but with less insane methods of solving the overcrowding it wouldn't be nearly as big.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 10-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

and on a side note why does everyone forget the c in my name? i mean people all the time call me thulak. what gives?
Because the C adds nothing of value, min/maxers will skip the C. We do it up pro style around here, you want your C go back to EQ Live.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

A 50p Dwarven Ringmail Tunic is a better raiding piece than most Trak BPs.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Banned

buffs and prep are way more important than most gear.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed, but not many of these awesome underdog guilds around atm namean?

People just camp at the raid targets on zergs from what I read in RnF these days. Heard TMO wiped to a dragon even.

Seems like a few well geared players just invite all they can and batphone away. *DKP grinding for the total wins. Mad skill.
Is it really that much of a mystery to why 50+ highly devoted and skilled players don't all decide to join the server at once and somehow find each other? People that have no life and play EQ 10+hours a day are hard to come by, and they are all in the top guilds already.
Closed Thread