Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Default Nilbog I decided to write you an essay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so when the server came back online..

-How many players logged on within an hour?
-How many of those players are raid capable?
-What % of those players were Nihilum?
-Did they all go to the same location? Where was it?
-Where did everyone else go?
-Have the smaller guilds attempted a truce on respawn days?

In my honest opinion, adding the variance PvE has would mean everyone else gets NO raid targets. This is quite a similar situation that happened on eqlive during classic. So wtf.
Since you don't seem to understand why people feel this way I decided to write you a novel.

Nihilum has had 99.9% of raid mobs since release of the box, I don't understand how adding variance would make things worse, like I keep hearing, but I will try to explain why having no variance is ruining the server.

Azrael built up a decent force, we were roughly 30-50 deep when we started contesting - to the current situation where no one logs on, interestingly now you want to see the statistical lay out of raid attendance after the only other guild on the server quit, again for the 30th time. (Brobb Force GL Nihi, Rexx Heresy GL Nihi, Gong basically Holo GL Nihi, HPT Nihi, Sektor the guy who fucked his cousin Nihi, you get my point most GL's have buckled like bitches so let's not jump on the Lite bandwagon so quickly !)

Now where was I, oh yeah we took a couple Trakanon's, a Draco - and now it turns into 8 hours to contest Trak. We tried VS several times to devastating losses with faction, we tried snagging Inny a few times to devastating losses/CC. You see, when a guild is forced to mass recruit to battle another guild heads up that has the advantage, you almost always get people that will feed information, and they can just check to see what targets you go for just as easily.

Now the mass recruiting begins, and these 8 hour Trak contests seem a lot harder than just guild disbanding and joining Nihi, since it is FFA. Seeing as most of the hardcore's that are willing to put in this kind of time are already in Nihi, it's almost glaringly obvious that they will win the battle of neckbeards and eventually overcome the opposition.

The reason variance will help, is because smaller crews that are online at odd times, or are on top of zone control and keeping trackers out, see you don't understand that Nihilum is not online other than for raid targets - that's like 20% of total server time, and they LOCK IT ALL DOWN and force people into ridiculous time battles.

This rule set favors those with the most time to secure the pixels, but once that's accomplished they can go back to running 20-25 at raids, and the server is a wasteland for the rest of the time.

These 50 vs 50's are brainless caster assist trains, they aren't what PVP should be about end all be all - this cuts out the little guy, and shits on the #2 spot - if you can't see it you're insane.

and PS, there are no smaller guilds to truce.
Last edited by Stasis01; 11-14-2013 at 02:09 AM..
Old 11-14-2013, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

OH YES LOL I missed the entire point of his quote - maybe Azrael should sit around for repop days and hopefully snag Fay next time !
Old 11-14-2013, 02:26 AM
Banned

this would mostly be fixed when the resist code doesn't cater to bad players mashing their sunstrike button
Old 11-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Planar Protector

just do this, it sounds like it would be the most fun because everyone on the server can show up just to mess around and PVP even if nillies gonna slay the dragon regardless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have raid mobs spawn within a 6 hour window with a one hour advance shout. Example, Trakanon is killed, and can respawn anywhere from 72-78 hours later. If he is going to spawn at 75 hours, a global shout announces he will spawn an hour from now at 74 hours. It's basically a one hour advance batphone to everyone on the server. More dedicated guilds will be rewarded by being in a defensive position at zone lines since they can camp the entire 6 hour window, but casual players will be able to move in to attack as the window closes in the final hour. Epic PvP will result. The precise timing could be tinkered with, the main necessity here is serverwide advance shouts for all raid mobs to encourage mass PvP competition for those mobs rather than poopsocking or locking down precise mob spawn times at off-peak hours.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just do this, it sounds like it would be the most fun because everyone on the server can show up just to mess around and PVP even if nillies gonna slay the dragon regardless
noice
Old 11-14-2013, 02:41 AM
Planar Protector

pity quick reply
Old 11-14-2013, 02:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
seconded
Old 11-14-2013, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

As a thesis on illogical conclusions, I'd grade this paper an A+.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:05 AM
Banned

ender, why don't you write us a thesis on how corrupt you think the staff is for banning you for breaking the rules despite the fact that there's a developer in your guild making non-classic changes to benefit you?
Old 11-14-2013, 03:11 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

even before i joined nihi i was against this, cause it is fucking retarded.

You are in essence handicapping the situation. Either man up and fight nihilum on even ground or quit the server.
Closed Thread