Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Talking When variance is implemented, I'm coming back with 19 of my best online friends

Variance will allow raid capable guilds (of 20 members, who are active) a shot at killing raid mobs that are meant for 20 player guilds, not 100 member guilds that can kill all of them in a single 3 hour sitting.

Think of how many more guilds like mine will be created after variance is finally implemented after this 18 month long trial run of non variance! The data proves that non variance only helps the zerg incumbent.

I want to thank Sirken and Nilbog personally for when they implement variance, even Sirken knows that under the current server policy that an incumbent zerg can NEVER be overthrown unless they stop recruiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in regards to the current non variance system, as an outsider looking in, it really doesn't look fun. all the mobs are slewn on the same day of the week by a force that clearly outnumbers all other competitive forces, leaving zero chance for merbs and while theres pvp, i imagine it's very one sided.

You want PVP for raid mobs? Give hope to those small 20 man active guilds that they can accomplish something in PVE! No one can out recruit a 100 man zerg on a 150 pop server, and the current system only enables that type of guild to retain power for infinity! After variance is introduced, Nihilum members will realize slaving for the master to kill mobs that NO ONE IN THE GUILD EVEN NEEDS ANYMORE is a waste of their time! People will leave and more guilds will form! More pvp will happen! This will be the best era of Red99 when variance is implemented, bless you Sirken and Lord Nilbog! Bless you all!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Banned

Man I posted a message on ur thrad but it poofed as I hit reply
Old 12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-11-2013, 06:49 PM
Sarnak

Wow I want to know who deleted my other thread, unbelievable. Apparently while I made this one in RNF they were deleting another one with clear argument for why variance is better for the server.

Ridiculous.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 PM
Banned

Total strawman
Old 12-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Banned

can i join?
Old 12-11-2013, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

we are walking in a winter wonder land!!!!!!!!!fuck yeah<<><>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 12-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNarcisse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha, i was against variance but after having seen this i'm for it
Old 12-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Banned

Many Azrael broken hearted when I got them to return because GM's promised simulated patch days. We took dragons and gods, but the change never came. Noone had any desire to compete at the same rate as those who live only in Norrath. Now they wait patiently to be called upon once more .....

#promises #broken hearted
Old 12-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many Azrael broken hearted when I got them to return because GM's promised simulated patch days. We took dragons and gods, but the change never came. Noone had any desire to compete at the same rate as those who live only in Norrath. Now they wait patiently to be called upon once more .....
#promises #broken hearted
Also looking forward to competing with Azrael and Fair Fighters. Each could easilly field population of 20 players. Would enjoy PVPing against both of these guilds!

That's 3 guilds capable of killing raid mobs that will bring the fight when raid mobs spawn using the variance system. The only argument Nihilum will make is "HURDUR why don't you smash all 3 guilds together and compete against us with the broken system HURDUR!"

This era might still be run by Nihilum, but at least with variance there will be competition and PVP for raid mobs. The current system allows them to hold down 100% of the raid mobs through numbers alone. They're not required to log on for the other 165 hours of the week, only the 3 hour window they've created! Sirken and Nilbog it's time!!