Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Skeleton

Default Freeport Faction

What is the best way for an Ogre to gain access into Freeport ?

Are turning in the deathfist slashed belts the best way to go ?
Old 08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Planar Protector

Don't forget there are 2 versions of this quest (good evil) and multiple Freeport factions.

Different guards in habit the three Freeport zones so the answer to your question isn't quite so black and white.

In other words, it depends on what the different guards con to you now. Start with raising the faction with the KoS ones and then you have to balance out with whichever ones were dubious to you. Chances are if you are an agnostic or Rallos Zek worshiping ogre you are already dubious in certain areas.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Orc

I'm a Rallos Zek shaman and I started out as scowls to both Freeport Militia and Knights/Priests/Bards in the North. AFAIK I was indiff to Arcane Scientists even before I started factioning.

IMHO, it's better to get your faction up with Knights of Truth and Priests or Marr (NFP, basically) first, because they have the bank and a good deal of trading takes place there. Then kill in MM for a level or two and you'll be pretty much done in NFP. Depending on your class, I'm not sure if it's worth it to go back and fix faction with the Militia. I'm not sure if I'm going to myself.

Edit: to answer your question more specifically, I started killing orcs in EC as early as possible and actually got access to NFP through the tunnel well before I turned in my first DF slashed belt - but if you have a few PP buy some belts and a wolf form and turn them in to Cain Darkmoore 2 at a time IIRC for NFP factions (still be careful in NFP afterwards, because there are other factions up there besides the Knights of Truth)
Old 08-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Kobold

Be online when the next paladin kills Sir Lucan and hit him once just before he dies. You will become instant warmly with North Freeport and will be able to use the tunnels to gain access to the bank and merchants. It's that easy.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 PM
Skeleton

Excellent thank you. All I really want is to gain access to the bank/merchants so NFP sounds like the best idea.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webwolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be online when the next paladin kills Sir Lucan and hit him once just before he dies. You will become instant warmly with North Freeport and will be able to use the tunnels to gain access to the bank and merchants. It's that easy.
Wow, those freeportians really fucking hate Sir Lucan.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Kobold

Anyone going to kill Sir Lucan tonight? I would love to bank in FP also.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

I'm pretty sure he's a once a week kind of guy.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Bugger thought he was a 4hr spawn. That change must of come in during epics. Anyone know what the current schedule for Sir Lucan's death is?
Old 08-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Kobold

He is on a one week spawn timer. He was killed last saturday at arround 1-2pm EST.
Closed Thread