Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Default Getting Crescent armor

I'm trying to get some Crescent armor for my level 11 iksar monk (my main is a 42 enchanter). I've never been to Dalnir (though I'm told it's kinda hairy), so I'm wondering about the feasibility of this plan.

There never seems to be anyone in this zone, so it seems unlikely that my monk could just show up and pick up rotting pieces of the armor from people who are XPing there. So I'm wondering if it'd be possible to camp my monk there and kill mobs on my enchanter.

It's possible I could rope some friends in to invis the monk or help my enchanter kill mobs.

Thoughts? Should I just give up and buy some cured armor? What level is this hair-brained scheme feasible?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to be really ballsy, get on the enchanter and kill all the Goos (they see invis).

Then transfer an invis ring or a few invis potions to your monk.

Invis him and run him to the bottom floor near the Kly Overseer.

At 42, you could charm the Kly Overseer. He melees and procs a 500 DMG AOE ice nuke. This kills mobs in 2-3 procs. Just be able to zone out or mez the overseer before he gets in melee range of him (aka always sit way back from the fights).

I went down there and charmed him for shits and giggles, he owned like 20 mobs before charm broke.

But I will stress, you let him break charm while he is near you, you will almost certainly die. To be safe you can avoid him entirely and reverse charm the trash to get a much slower kill rate.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:49 PM
Aviak

Did some searching after I made this post. Thanks for not flaming me! <3
Old 09-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to be really ballsy, get on the enchanter and kill all the Goos (they see invis).

Then transfer an invis ring or a few invis potions to your monk.

Invis him and run him to the bottom floor near the Kly Overseer.

At 42, you could charm the Kly Overseer. He melees and procs a 500 DMG AOE ice nuke. This kills mobs in 2-3 procs. Just be able to zone out or mez the overseer before he gets in melee range of him (aka always sit way back from the fights).

I went down there and charmed him for shits and giggles, he owned like 20 mobs before charm broke.

But I will stress, you let him break charm while he is near you, you will almost certainly die. To be safe you can avoid him entirely and reverse charm the trash to get a much slower kill rate.
Oh man with this strat, get your self one of these too on the cheap: http://wiki.project1999.com/Sword_of_Skyfire

any other AoE 1hers? that one is lore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-16-2014, 02:51 PM
Planar Protector

Not even remotely needed.

Just give him a Torch and he destroys the entire basement in a matter of minutes.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorawski [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did some searching after I made this post. Thanks for not flaming me! <3
i like this guy
Old 09-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not even remotely needed.

Just give him a Torch and he destroys the entire basement in a matter of minutes.
not much in EQ is really needed, come on dald where is your sense of adventure. maor aoe is maor aoe why not have fun with maor aoe...?

also I didnt say it was needed, i just said to get one. I will get one, because fun.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

xp > all
Old 09-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Banned

Adventure is what it's all about!
Old 09-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

If you have a friend willing to help, its very easy to do at lvl 17. Basically they slaughter everything while you FD. Having some form of invis (potion or ring) is pretty important. That basement area is mostly LB/green at 42 for your enc, but it would still be a challenge b/c of all the adds and casters. Either way.. i'd wait until 17 and a skilled up FD before trying anything in there!