Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Default player run event take 2

Planning on doing another event sometime soon and was wondering if anyone wanted to help. I do some farming in Kaesora and Dalnir on my monk to collect items and also buy some low lvl stuffs in EC. If anyone would like to donate some items I would really appreciate it. Can usually find me online as Woton, Yoldi or Ashon.

Special mention to Kindley of Dial-a-Port for 2x Platinum fire wedding rings. That will make some newbies day for sure!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:24 PM
Fire Giant

Thank you to Grishnahk for a Green Jade Broad Sword!
Old 04-30-2015, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

I could prolly drop some stuff into the pool. When are you typically online?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

I should have some stuff on my trader Vilkata - won't be anything too high end but happy to help.

When are you next online?
Old 04-30-2015, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

I just looked up your last one of these in the forum to see what kind of event it was.

What did I miss while I was gone from the server?!?!?! Since when can you get back things you hand NPCs on this server? You are telling me I can give my pet weapons and loot them when I kill it? WTB steel hilted flint daggers.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just looked up your last one of these in the forum to see what kind of event it was.

What did I miss while I was gone from the server?!?!?! Since when can you get back things you hand NPCs on this server? You are telling me I can give my pet weapons and loot them when I kill it? WTB steel hilted flint daggers.
That works for charmed pets Supa as long as you break the charm before killing them yourself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Fire Giant

Still studying atm, ill be on Yoldi a little later in EC. I appreciate all the donations. Also would love to hear some feedback on possible locations for future events. If anyone with a chanter would like to help do this that would be great too.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

I have a druid. If by the off chance this is at a time I can be on, I can help charm bears and other furry things.

I think the key regardless of where it is held is getting a couple of porters to volunteer to transport people who are interested starting 30 min before the event. I do not think people care where it is if you can give them a ride there. Advertise it in EC and newbie zones some in advance in addition to forums, alot of lowbies are not active on the forums.

EDIT: Not sure if they would go for it, but if you ask a GM maybe they will do a broadcast for it the way they would for a GM event. Worth a shot.
Last edited by Supaskillz; 04-30-2015 at 04:54 PM..
Old 04-30-2015, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Problem I had last time was I didn't make a log of the mobs I gave items to and some people wouldn't announce when they had found an item so I had no idea when everything was found. Was considering having participants find normal items in a zone like pixie wings and the first to give me one got an item. Again, im interested in hearing any feedback on possible solutions.
Old 04-30-2015, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

I think that is okay, b/c in theory eventually someone would find the item.

To make it more event like you could do as you suggest, and let the first person to bring you 5 pixie wings or soemthing like that gets item. Or alternatively put strange items that do not belong on the npcs that are prize tickets redeemable for a prize. You would want to avoid posting what are the tickets however so that scummy people dont try to cheat. In the end there are countless ways to give out prizes. In the past someone organized a race. You are organizing it, do whatever sounds fun to you!
Closed Thread