Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 10:49 PM
Orc

Default Why I *will* be playing on Ragefire

P99 is the nostalgic home that one always returns to. It's an almost "perfect" snapshot of an old memory that I love remembering. Of course I will continue to come back to P99.

The one big gripes I have with P99 is just how saturated the end game is. You look to your left... and spot a level 5 rogue twink rocking their epic. I even managed to very heavily twink out my Cleric with her own money... just by doing a little hill giant farming. New players have gear raining down on them. I'm guilty of twinking out some of the new players myself. I would freaking kill for a wipe or new server.

Of course there are things about Ragefire that will seriously bug me. Just to name a few:

* Revamped zones
* The market place
* No bot/box restrictions
* Bandoleer
* Melody (learn to fucking bard!)
* Some of the weird "new" UI elements that are anything but intuitive.

Having said that... Ragefire is a fresh start and a chance to experience the expansions again. I miss Luclin and PoP. I enjoyed raiding in GoD. Hell, I even quite enjoyed Omens. Will Ragefire be the Everquest I remember? No sadly. Ragefire an awkward bastard of old memories and... whatever the fuck EQ Live has turned into. Once one accepts this, I do think there is some fun to be had.
Lorinel - Bard - The Rathe
Last edited by Lasmori; 05-10-2015 at 11:06 PM..
Old 05-10-2015, 10:52 PM
Banned

kudos for positive thread
Old 05-10-2015, 10:55 PM
Aviak

I am sitting in a weird place at the moment. I don't know if I'm going to be playing Ragefire or not. The boxing is kind of lame, but that's about it.

To me it's a balance between overly saturated market on P99 or boxing to the max on Ragefire.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasmori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is the nostalgic home that one always returns to. It's an almost "perfect" snapshot of an old memory that I love remembering. Of course I will continue to come back to P99.

The one big gripes I have with P99 is just how saturated the end game is. You look to your left... and spot a level 5 rogue twink rocking their epic. I even managed to very heavily twink out my Cleric with her own money... just by doing a little hill giant farming. New players have gear raining down on them. I'm guilty of twinking out some of the new players myself. I would freaking kill for a wipe or new server.

Of course there are things about Ragefire that will seriously bug me. Just to name a few:

* Revamped zones
* The market place
* Bandoleer

Having said that... Ragefire is a fresh start and a chance to experience the expansions again. I miss Luclin and PoP. I enjoyed raiding in GoD. Hell, I even quite enjoyed Omens. Will Ragefire be the Everquest I remember? No sadly. Ragefire an awkward bastard of old memories and... whatever the fuck EQ Live has turned into. Once one accepts this, I do think there is some fun to be had.
The new Blue Recycle server will have a much better economy. You should just play Blue until it launches in probably 6 to 8 months.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:23 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasmori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

* Revamped zones
* The market place
* Bandoleer

The biggest problem with Ragefire will be the monks and mages...why would anyone play any other melee toon when monks will have uber damage fists? Mage pets will just wreak havoc on the new server. Then of course the fast xp gain will trivialize the game.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:29 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQJubilee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The new Blue Recycle server will have a much better economy. You should just play Blue until it launches in probably 6 to 8 months.
I was totally thrilled with the idea when it was talked about when they gave Velious a release date. Honestly though? It may be a lot longer than 6-8 months.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQJubilee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest problem with Ragefire will be the monks and mages...why would anyone play any other melee toon when monks will have uber damage fists? Mage pets will just wreak havoc on the new server. Then of course the fast xp gain will trivialize the game.
Can't really say much for the monks and mages. Having leveled up a couple characters now in beta... the exp gained seemed pretty reasonable (ex, took a good while to go from 1-2, 2-3, etc. I have no idea how the exp curve looks like at higher levels.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Banned

expansion launches and new server openings have always been the best time to play any game, for me. you can feel the excitement in the community, knowing everything is new and sharing that with your fellow players.

Ragefire will be good and I hope it succeeds to the extent of Quarm being launched soon after. PoP locked, let's go!
Old 05-11-2015, 12:53 AM
Planar Protector

Uh, the new recycle server is opening in 3 months actually :P It has a date even, August 2nd :P
Old 05-11-2015, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

to be honest I'm excited as fuck to experience luclin/PoP era content which I was never able to in the same expansion. i started during the middle of velious and by the time I hit the high 50's PoP was already in its glory days.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Closed Thread