Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Default Gonna make the swap

Long time blue player gonna give red a try. What are best starting areas. And was thinking bout making a wiz. Never played one and seems like burst dps would be nice for pvp. Also being able to port would be handy for building groups. Just looking for any thoughts or pointers
Old 08-09-2015, 04:20 PM
Fire Giant

well thought. freeport area and gfay are the only ones with some low lvl pop, unrest and mistmoore after that then i would say just form ur groups and get to a good exp spot and thats it. plenty of them avaiable. g'luck! ( solb and com are the ones i can think of after unrest, i used to form grps and get my ass there and plenty of people do the same here, im just 46 so dont know after that )
Old 08-09-2015, 04:57 PM
Banned

Send Lauka or any < Thunderdome> member a tell for guild invite. Best way to find groups and help lvlin up/ports. Roll whatever class you want to play because you will probably end up switching your mind anyway.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
accept that the game is not balanced or fair, being good at pvp is about being an opportunist. expect people to gank you when youre at low hp with mobs on you. don't get mad about it

cant agree, being good on pvp is having all ur buffs up and in the right order at any time, /who every zone u in etc, then know how to fight ur class against different classes in diferente environments, i could go on but nothing to do with nukeing someone at 20 % hp from com roofs. Anyway expect people to do that so be ready for that if u wanna be good at pvp
Old 08-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiggo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Long time blue player gonna give red a try. What are best starting areas. And was thinking bout making a wiz. Never played one and seems like burst dps would be nice for pvp. Also being able to port would be handy for building groups. Just looking for any thoughts or pointers
nuking players for 1/10th their hp in 5 seconds is not fun or cool, considering melee can steamroll wizards in about 3 seconds in velious

wizards are sick in classic, pretty good in kunark and not the best choice in velious

Make a cleric
Old 08-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Play a class that you can RP. All of them are pretty good. Rogue is hardest class to start from level 1 with no gear.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:28 PM
Banned

Make a melee, I'd go hybrid If I were starting from scratch.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Ogre SK if you can enjoy playing a KOS race. Pretty much best class anyways. Great solo ability and great for murders.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

welcome to red
Old 08-09-2015, 08:17 PM
Banned

monks are really strong on red99 and you can do ok without a bunch of gear. Someone will most likely give you a wep and you'll be pretty much set.

Ench/Shaman/Necro/Wizard/Druid are also good choices due to their ability to level and make money with shitty gear or none at all.
Closed Thread