Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 03:25 PM
Skeleton

Default SWG NGE

NGE SWG REBORN

If anyone is interested there is a test server recently opened for this version of the game with a live server soon.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Kobold

NGE? No thanks. The NGE is what killed SWG.
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Old 09-23-2015, 03:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NGE SWG REBORN

If anyone is interested there is a test server recently opened for this version of the game with a live server soon.
Thx for that, Im def gonna check it out. I always regretted not having the chance playing this game. Think i was way to involved in EQ at the time.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiznessTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thx for that, Im def gonna check it out. I always regretted not having the chance playing this game. Think i was way to involved in EQ at the time.
Same
Old 09-24-2015, 01:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiewon Shu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NGE? No thanks. The NGE is what killed SWG.
This.

For gaso and anyone else interested in the real game with hundreds of thousands of subscribers before this NGE brought it down to 5-10kish take a look at swgemu.com it is beautiful and hands down the best game next to EQ. It actually lured me away from EQ and only game to keep me playing it over EQ until they fucked up and made it a wow clone.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efwan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This.

For gaso and anyone else interested in the real game with hundreds of thousands of subscribers before this NGE brought it down to 5-10kish take a look at swgemu.com it is beautiful and hands down the best game next to EQ. It actually lured me away from EQ and only game to keep me playing it over EQ until they fucked up and made it a wow clone.
so you're saying play swgemu.com and not this NGE one?

Edit: can you tell me why NGE killed the game?
Old 09-24-2015, 03:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiznessTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

There was a random chance to be Force Sensitive and long quest involved in becoming a jedi originally, which was actually really cool but like most good points in intellectual properties owned by semitics it was transmuted into shit by the power of Abraham. Transition from skill based leveling system to level-based WoW/EQ clone, and I believe the combat system itself was murdered with a hatchet as well.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:54 AM
Sarnak

Quote:

Original SWG you had like 32(?) professions to Master. Your character was set at creation to needing a specific 5 Master professions to Unlock Jedi.. You could get a Holocron which would tell you 1 profession needed.. ( sucked when it told you a profession you've already Mastered.)

There were different patches known a publications that changed the game play. You have Pre-pub 9 which the SWGemu is offering ( AMAZING), The CU( combat upgrade), which wasn't tooo bad. Then the AWEFUL NGE (New Game Enhancement). The NGE allowed you to start off as a Jedi and only allowed you to pick like 6(?) specific classes. Also changed the gameplay mechanics completely. It would be like buying, playing EQ then after Kunark the next expansion made it EQ2. It was totally different game.

It was like EQ as far as community driven, i.e, cantinas, player housing, player cities, player auction terminals, and all around amazing social aspect.

Jump to lightspeed expansion I felt was amazing.

NGE was sony/lucas arts trying to compete with WoW. Making the game easier to obtain Jedi. The whole instant gratification instead of months Mastering professions, unlearning and relearning them.. Then once you became a Jedi in pre-pub 9. Perma deaths. It was amazing. CU era wasn't bad, but took away perma deaths and brought forth "Fight Clubs"

The main issues with the game was never really knowing what gave you visibility and put you on the BH terminals and after being killed, you'd still be on them. Some things was a given for visibility. Like equipping your lightsaber and robes and having a battle in the middle of Naboo. The hardest part was you had to level in secrecy to not gain visibility to be put on the BH terminals.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:

NGE made SWG into a WoW clone with a Star Wars skin... literally.
Old 09-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Original SWG you had like 32(?) professions to Master. Your character was set at creation to needing a specific 5 Master professions to Unlock Jedi.. You could get a Holocron which would tell you 1 profession needed.. ( sucked when it told you a profession you've already Mastered.)
It was actually more intricate than that. You could be 2 and one half professions if you built your character right. So you literally had many combinations to play and no one was really a cookie cutter template.

The NGE however, got rid of most of the professions and combined them into about 6-8 new "cookie-cutter" classes. You could not master more than one profession, you only could advance on the class offered at creation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main issues with the game was never really knowing what gave you visibility and put you on the BH terminals and after being killed, you'd still be on them. Some things was a given for visibility. Like equipping your lightsaber and robes and having a battle in the middle of Naboo. The hardest part was you had to level in secrecy to not gain visibility to be put on the BH terminals.
He's talking about jedi here.
Closed Thread