Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 12:16 AM
Large Rat

Default Corpse Run Journal...The life and times of

So... I'm Auvyen and I'll be making a new character tonight. All experiences and awesomeness that I go through will be posted here on a weekly basis! This isn't my first time playing EQ but I've never really picked up on it. When I did play it was after Velious and I've never gotten a character above 15 or so. That was mostly because I've never really found a character to stick with, but hopefully having a record of my characters life here will change that!

I'm going to have some basic rules to keep this genuine and fun. There are rules to my play style and they are:

1) no assistance from characters out of my level range (isn't there a group level limit?)
2) no handouts
3) no re-rolls
4) no plat or items from my other chars

Alright gotta pick something to play....

ESTIMATED PLAY TIME IS DAILY MWF FROM 5-8 PM central time. If you'd like to join me on this most awesome adventure
Last edited by Auvyen; 11-14-2010 at 11:33 AM..
Old 11-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Aviak

If you haven't made it past level 15, you really haven't experienced Everquest in the slightest... Good luck
Old 11-14-2010, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom16 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you haven't made it past level 15, you really haven't experienced Everquest in the slightest... Good luck
Totally not true. Everquest is best early on when you're just discovering everything. If I could have my mind wiped so that I could relive classic eq I'd do it in a second.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 11-14-2010, 05:05 AM
Orc

It doesn't seem like you're asking for votes, but I would have to vote for you to play a class anyways.

My vote is:

Monk!

Gogo with it!
Old 11-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally not true. Everquest is best early on when you're just discovering everything. If I could have my mind wiped so that I could relive classic eq I'd do it in a second.

Opinions :P The Everquest experience to me is once you're hitting dungeons / raiding / have all of your classes abilities to use~
Old 11-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Kobold

In your mid teens you may not have all your class abilities, but you've got an awful lot of the class defining abilities available to you, e.g.

Druid : Heals, buffs, snare, root, harmony, damage shield
Enchanter : Illusions, charm, debuff, mez, root
Necro : Pet, Taps, DoTs taps, pact, feign death
Ranger : Die a lot :-)

etc.

By that time you're past the "go up to a mob and whack it until it's dead, loot, repeat" phase, and you're finding the (more usual) role you're going to be playing - tank, heal, crowd control, dps. Sure, groups can still easily consist of 6 people just walking up to mobs, whacking them until they're dead and looting, but when the cleric is oom all the time because he's been nuking the adds it can all turn to shit.

At 15, chances are you now know what is expected of your class. Eventually you'll find that the entrance to (say) the Hole is no different to the entrance of Crushbone, it's just the numbers are bigger. It's quite narrow minded to say they haven't experienced it "in the slightest".

There's a lot of people who think EQ is all about a race to 50 "and then the game starts there". There's others who want to sit in ECT and trade all day. There's others still who want to tradeskill and nothing else.

That's fine, and that's the EQ they want to play.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

IMO the best part of any MMO is the beginning. All is new and dangerous. You have no money or resources to speak of. You craft stuff and are proud of it. The sense of accomplishment is high.

Once you get a high level toon then all that goes away. Its still fun, but no where near the same.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:19 PM
Fire Giant

I like your style Auvyen, best of luck
Old 11-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Large Rat

Alrighty have a character named Auvyen. I'm a flippin monk! In Freeport, so if you want to join me make a new char and send me a tell. Will be on for the next 3 hours!
Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Large Rat

Default Entry 03

Leveled 1-4 today mostly in the newb zone. Got a stack of bonechips. Died a ton trying to bite more than I could chew off bears and wolfs in the commonlands but got several HQ pelts which I sold.

A good guy named Silence handed me a bunch of gear, but as per rules I banked em for my bard instead of selling and using plat for this char.

Was lfg but no one offered to group, not that it really matters since I dont really need one at this level.

Will be on wednesday from 5-8!

/yes it does
//forever alone...
Closed Thread