Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2016, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

Default Government WERKZ

In 2014, the City of Flint began undertaking a water supply switch-over from Lake Huron to the Flint River. After the switch was made, residents immediately complained about the smell, taste, and color of the water, as well as skin problems after bathing. State and city officials reassured the public that Flint's water was safe, with Mayor Walling (Democrat) personally testifying to its safety by drinking the water on local television and tweeting that he and his family drink Flint water every day.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as well as skin problems after bathing. State and city officials reassured the public that Flint's water was safe,
Struggling with this in my city right now. Forced to shower in it, paying 2k in rent with a hard lease. Nothing I can do. I move, I get sued and my credit is ruined.

The water stains everything. They call it "sediment". "Oh they must be doing line work, they stirred up the sediment again".

What does "they stirred up the sediment" mean? No one cares to find out what the sediment contains??? Nobody has a right to know?

Our facuets spray out microscopic yellow sediment that leaves red stains when it dries. The sediment can be so thick it clogs faucets. I stopped putting maintenance requests in and only use my kitchen sink now.

We are never notified when they stir it up. The corporate landlord does the best they can to notify us, but its not enough.

We need additional legislation on water testing and safety. Testing for only a handful of things is willful ignorance and downright dangerous in many cities.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-21-2016, 07:18 PM
Planar Protector

Get a lawyer.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:26 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-21-2016, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just loving the part where the mayor reassures the city the water is safe. So typical of bereaucratic bullshit and an "I don't give a fuck" mentality.

Try testing the water after it runs thru the pipes dumbass, the source is probably fine. Logic and basic problem solving skills elude these idiots that run for ORFICE. the C- students making the decisions = DEATH
Old 01-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Banned

have you given any thought as to the motive for switching the water supply to the flint river instead of keeping it on the previous lake source?
Old 01-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah fuck him too, sure he's a dousche just like the rest of those bereaucrats.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just loving the part where the mayor reassures the city the water is safe. So typical of bureaucratic bullshit and an "I don't give a fuck" mentality.

Try testing the water after it runs thru the pipes dumbass, the source is probably fine. Logic and basic problem solving skills elude these idiots that run for ORFICE. the C- students making the decisions = DEATH
Exact same problem here. Source is clear, end-user is not. City claims clean water via this standard.

bureaucracy is all about maintaining vanity by minimizing problems and ensuring status quo.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 01-21-2016, 07:51 PM
Banned

I almost lost teeth to new Orleans tapwater. Got a case of gingivitis that got agonizingly ugly fast. 2 days drinking bottled water and it instantly up and vanished.

Don't trust in your first world water standards just because you live in USA. I wouldn't trust any water supply administered by a Democrat.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:25 PM
Banned

prob best thing you can do is buy lots of bottled water and only drinks starbucks.
Closed Thread